Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overcharge Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Solution to the Overcharging Balance Problem?
Abolish Overcharging completely. Once you remove an item, your hp/mana reverts to max.
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Cap Overcharging at 200%, i.e. you can't overcharge to more than double your hp/mana.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cap OCing at 120%, so you can go a little bit over, but not enough to throw the balance.
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Leave it as it is, OCing is not a problem.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Balsa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of those items for magic scrap, a lot. holding the power gem during a fight is a sure way to lose it. I have no problem with them having to choose, but make it reliable eq as well.
oh and
No Alucard, i don't NEED to qp with others, but i usually do. it takes me forever to oc otherwise.....::grins::
Palermo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So qp your mana up.
Balsa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh, I have a question. Ok, you die, even if you have all your stuff dled, you aren't wearing it, so, all the mana you had goes away, down to your base mana, correct?
that sucks.......
Hopefully i am wrong....
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, yeah. So put it back on, then.
I don't understand what you're getting at.

It's been indicated before that once OCing was gone, more +mana items would be introduced into the system.
Norik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balsa wrote:
uhh, I have a question. Ok, you die, even if you have all your stuff dled, you aren't wearing it, so, all the mana you had goes away, down to your base mana, correct?
that sucks.......
Hopefully i am wrong....

I would assume so... but I dont see how you could die with full mana =P

you have trance, so I dont see what youre complaining about
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea....I'm confused Balsa............are you really saying that having to recharge your mana from base to base+whatever eq gives you is a dreadfully awful thing? Cause uh, if so....stop whining!!!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Besides, when you die, if your mana drops to base, isn't that better than dropping to say, zero? I could be wrong. Maybe it drops to zero. I couldn't really say since I really only ever played thieves, warriors, and vampires.
But if it doesn't drop to zero then....Be grateful!!! Razz

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Balsa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm
wasn't whining, was wondering.
And it probably will. No, i don't mind trancing, but it's an added time taker. My point being.....It's not just about overcharge, now it's about dying, as well.
P.S. and repairing...............
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Eq like "Mages Robe" or whatever would be nice, especially if you geared it for lower levels and it increased int and wis as well. The only problem I see with this, is there aren't really that many situations for clerics to do what they're designed for. Even further, there are no situations for Mages to do what they're designed for. I mean, mage = buffs right? Great, that gets them 0 experience and even if they buff themselves, they can't really kill anything unless they're grouped. But then, who would want to group with someone who's just going to sap xp from you, where the only benefit is you don't have to waste vials or charges getting the spells yourself... The solution? I dunno, but I think getting rid of that sanctuary crap in Oly would help ; )
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having thought through all the various issues surrounding repairing items, and the pros and cons of potential solutions, I've come to the conclusion that, hang on a minute, if your equipment was damaged, why are you at full health anyway?
In other words, no, it's not going to change (unless anyone comes up with a solution that's better than the ones we've already had suggested) - just make sure you do your repairing before your healing from now on.
Wedge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Curious Reply with quote

This is a little off topic, but just out of curiousity, is it possible to code spells so that they only work if you're grouped with the caster? And if the caster leaves the group (either through disbanding, caster follows self, or caster dies) then the affect of the spell is lost? If this is possible, then it would give people a reason to group with mages. Perhaps shadowform in this fashion would be a nice incentive...
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting idea.
Or maybe an aura-type spell that the spellcaster cast on themselves, that gave some advantage to any other grouped PC in the room.
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

Yeah, that'd save the mage the mana of casting on everyone too. Reminds me of the 'critical hit' aura spells in games like Heros of Everquest for PS2.
Norik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or paladin auras from diablo 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: