Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debate!!! Strongest Race/Class on the mud... CURRENTLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best txa killer = high hp vampire

best dos killer = high hp warrior (5th attack + better weapon %s)

best qper = ranger... meliorate lets you qp non-stop

best pker = i think that the remort classes are the best pkers, but i havent played a pala/ww/assn yet, so i cant comment. out of the standard classes, thieves make the best pkers because of backstab and circle (by pking i mean sneaking up behind someone when they're qping and such).

best dueler = toss up between vamps and rangers. a fresh av ranger can beat a fresh av vampire, however, a moderately powerful vamp av can beat a fresh ranger. a beefed up ranger and a beefed up vamp make a pretty good fight.

as for warriors and thieves, they dont have 95 dodge/parry and cant heal, giving them a huge disadvantage in duels (which tend to be long).

warwizards and paladins and assassins should be AMAZING in pfights, but i dont have enough experience with them. they are the best overall classes in the game, but they take a lot of time and effort...
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Bests Reply with quote

Best pkiller any level is a thief (although I've heard good things about assassins, havent seen anything yet) D-Half thieves pwn

Best txa killer is ME!

Best qp'r would be ranger or a beefy pally

Best class overall = Druid. DWOOOOOOOID!!!! There, I said it.

Mos useful spell = Necromantic touch. This shit pwns!
Energy Drain is nice too, although it only hits 1/10

Most useless spells = Ventriloquate, detect magic (look mommy! it glows!), detect traps (I think that's a trap! Oh well!), and teleport.
Violence

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply? Reply with quote

Alright, I have to get in on this, because, well, I have an opinion and everyone needs to hear it.

Honestly, there are much worse spells than Ventriloquism, esp. when you can trick progs with it if the builder wasn't clever. Probably not on Codex, since Gareth sees all *shakes fist* but whatcha gonna do?

Worst spell ever - infravision. It does nothing. It makes me mad. Plus, my race has it.

Most useless - I'd go with Posion Weapon, unless you're around for Gareth auctions. Kinda hard to get black poison powder. Kinda hard to poison weapons without it. Oh, it junks weapons too. Have I mentioned that this entire opinion is null and void if you can actually get it because poisoned weapons are pwn? Kinda nice when your enemy drops their weapon 3 rounds into a fight. Ruined a few warriors that way on other MUDs.

Most useful - Sanctuary isn't 'useful', so I'm not going to call it. It's just powerful. Honestly, I think Uplift is great. While the mana/heal sucks, I have been saved by it. Plenty of times. Esp. when you have, for example, Neq, and he can't follow your lowbie into capped areas. Also, lets peaceful healers consistently heal deadlies, assuming their mana holds. Also allows emergency healing when solar flight is down or the area is noastral. Also is ubzer^2 good for Summoning. I mean, yeah, you could blindly summon until you get the mob you want, but guarantee me there's no other summonable mob before it that won't kill you. Dead.

Best attack spell - Quantum Spike. QS is God. Too bad you gotta be a warwizard to get it. No, come to think of it, it's not too bad. Because otherwise there'd be av mages running around QSing people who don't deserve it. Such as myself. Side note from an old MUD I played, potions of Quantum Spike renamed to super heal potion were so worth it when you gave them to warriors. Yes, you could make potions of quantum spike.

Best class - Violence

Worst class - Anyone else

No seriously, I think overall, vampires pwn. They're the best Txa'ers. They're right up there on Duel, probably the best, I think. They're big on QP, with 95% dodge/parry/disarm/dual wield and howl just in case - only downside is lack of real healing (cure light at 20% anyone?). Oh, and blood is so much better than mana for spellcasting. Good for PK but since vampis aren't designed for doing mass damage super-fast (warriors have more attacks, thieves have bs/circle, monks do ouch to the bad people, augurers have better dmg spells, etc. Plus no bash. It's not that they can't pwn people, it's just that people, well, can run away...

I dunno how pallies do at av level but I can't wait to find out. Um, no disarm is a problem and I am currently attempting to get some booze into Gareth to fix this issue. I have heard that Destroy Undead doesn't work on players, not even vampires, so meh. Updates to come.

And speaking of PK, if we ever see Amen again, someone needs to go PK her.
neq

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many remorts are running around but i still don't know who is the best player killer
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me. Wink

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Ronin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Strongest overall Reply with quote

Messiah wrote:
Fire spells, and of course the big nasty spiral blast.

Spiral blast doesn't work in PvP combat. Although last I checked I do about 500hp / cast on average with Scorching Surge on peeps in PvP.
But again what with bash and all...
But hey, that's what Charm's for, right? Very Happy
neq

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paladin vampire is the strongest ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Feyvel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best class for Txa : DK
Best class for PK : DK
Best class for qp'ing: DK
Best class overall : DK
Best race class combo : ura/dk

FTW

Very Happy
neq

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll believe when you take on blackbelt fair and square
Jadical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best at:
Txa: Howl vamp
DoS: monk
Xatax: monk
Xataxar: assassin
Blackbelt: assassin
Skull king: assassin
Frost beast: assassin
Shaz: ranger
Edoak: Akastron
Insane miner: Paladin + Ranger + Thief/Assassin
Urtavu: Paladin + Thief/Assassin
Fire mage: Dhalf Augurer/Necraladin
Lhoch: Assassin
Lower ABG: Paladin + Thief/Assassin
Rathmul: Assassin
Guardian Beast: vampire/paladin
Layurto: Paladin
Ortivirinoq: Paladin + Thief/Assassin
City Captain: Vampire + Monk
Frenzied Ghoul: Vampire + Monk
Krucziak: monk
Azer spearman: warrior
Bone dragon: monk
Rysh: warrior
Adiux: unknown
Kulragh: paladin + thief/assassin
Tashitarthus: ranger
Pazel: ranger/paladin

There's more but I got bored
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: