Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debate!!! Strongest Race/Class on the mud... CURRENTLY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akie-monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Debate!!! Strongest Race/Class on the mud... CURRENTLY Reply with quote

Let's debate the strongest Race/Class combo currently on the mud and any changes futuristically to happen! I'd like to know of everyone's opinions because I'm trying to activate the forum! This should be a fun debate and everyone is welcome to post a reply. Simply give the Race/Class and a reason why. You may follow up reasons with character names, but nothing negative please Very Happy

-v- You've been DonkyPunched!!! -v-
Palermo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends Wink
Akie-monster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongest Pkill... Strongest Qping... Strongest Txa killer... Strongest overall...

Palermo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strongest pkill... could be either a ranger, thief, or vampire. right after reaching avatar I'd say ranger is the best, but after qping a vampire can be pretty deadly... and a thief with high enough damroll = God.

best qping would have to be warrior.. stun helps a lot.

best txa would be a vamp with a crapload of hps...

strongest overall could be any of the "fighter" classes... warrior/ranger/thief/vampire... if you work on your char, that is..

Also, I'm pretty sure a War Wizard would be deadly, but I haven't seen one in combat so I'm not sure.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongest pkill- Toss up between vampire and warrior. The vampire gets the nod due to its astonishing parry and dodge percentages. I'm tempted to say warrior will take the win though due simply to bash/stun. A bashed person can't flee. Period.

Best qping- I would probably give to ranger. The ability to cure themselves cuts down the down time in between, so they can pop from place to place with ease.

Strongest Txa- vampy. period.

Strongest Overall- Hard choice really. As previously said, any combination that has enough work put into it will be a great character. But immediately after reaching avatar I'd probably say warrior.

Throwing race into the mix doesn't make an overly large amount of difference. But generally speaking, sh'kura, half-troll, pureblood, those are the stronger races.

I simply have to give the honorable mention to Augurer though. My opinion is they have perhaps the greatest potential of all the classes. I like em.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Saul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Strongest Class Reply with quote

I am all for the forum living so here is my two cents...

1. I would have to first ask if a thief's circle is based off of their dam role. If it is, then I would go with a thief for the toughest class.

2. If it isn't, then the toughest class as a new avatar would be the Ranger, as they are warriors that can heal.

3. The toughest class after qping would have to be a vampire, as you cannot qp up your armor class (dexterity), dodge, or parry. I think in the end, these three are more important than the powerful healing ability of Rangers.
Akie-monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieves Circling Is based upon damroll which is obviously a major bonus, yet at the same time... what thief can QP on his own long enough go gain damroll? Unfortunately, Theves are strong at avatar level and pretty much stay there gaining minutely through time. Take Waldo for example, Waldo is buff... he has probably 20k qps and it has taken him 4 years to get there. I only get nervous fighting thieves because you never know when that one circle comes right after sanc/prot run... Always have sanc.

I'd have to say the hardest hitting char on the game per physical attack (excluding spelling/circles/etc.) would definitely be a monk. I've worked exclusively in the recent past with Messiah and he has hit harder than I hit since he was level 78... Keep in mind he doesn't have TNoF's or a VoC AND no weapon and his Damageroll is still 100.

Next topical question: What is the most useful/most powerful/ and most useless spell that can be casted by players. If you'd like to tell me the most powerful/useless/useful attacking spells as well as +spells (Firebless/Heavensbless/etc) that should make the discussion more interesting. Thanks

Akie-MoNsTeR

Wedge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Bests Reply with quote

Best qping class would have to be a D-Half warrior. They don't have to worry about where their fly is going to come from.

Best overall class I think has too many variables, but I'll point out that Augurers are very good, because they aren't affected by 'anti-warrior' eq, they can still wear it.

Vamps chew mobs up.

Best spells are the stat + spells (dragon wit, etc) and sanc/protect.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most powerful is tough to say because you'd have to figure out what defines powerful, as well as what has the most potential. I'd say as an attack spell, Rune blast has the most potential, but in my opinion spiral blast is more powerful. Most useful of attack spells would be fright. Most useless would be one of the level 2 or something spells. Black hand or some such thing.

Beneficial (or otherwise) spells are a bit easier. Sanctuary is obviously going to win this fight in most aspects. Definitely most useful and an argument can be made that it is the most powerful as well. Most useless is a close tie between elven beauty and create cookie. I'll give it to elven beauty tho because create cookie can be used to trick people into eating poisoned food.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
neq

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: best char Reply with quote

hardest hitting has to be a monk dragon half they are amazing but i gave up trying to level mine

umm thats all i have to say cause i don't know that much about the mud
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Messiah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Strongest overall Reply with quote

Myself.. I'd have to say a dragonhalf augurer would end up the strongest overall if played in such a manner. 95% second attack, 66% third, 95% 4th, 80% dual wield, 95% parry, 90% dodge, nostrum (heal). Fire spells, and of course the big nasty spiral blast. Add in the auggies very useful other spells, all around you've a class race combo that is quite capable of fending for itself, and putting the hurt on people.

As to the mention of monks, yes, they hit the hardest. However, to be honest, after several player to player spars, I'd delete Messiah right now if I could. I've never seen a class as weak and useless in pk as a monk. I strongly advise people to not fall for the godly damage. It does not make up for the rest of thier flaws and weaknesses. Not even close.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messiah, you've been complaining about your char being appallingly weak right from when you were level 20. And yet you've still managed to av it in around 250 hours, which isn't at all bad by anyone's standards, and people that've fought with you have testified to how strong it is in combat.

Quote:
I'd delete Messiah right now if I could.

You want me to delete him? I can if you like.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Monks and PK Reply with quote

Ok now, I don't want to turn this into a debate on playerkilling and monks and such, but I must say that monks in a Player vs. Player fight are probably pretty weak. But (and this is where my continual argumentation of pk comes in), pk is an entirely different thing. Player vs player is a fight between two people, often in a duel scenario, where both players are fairly well prepped and ready to fight. Playerkilling on the other hand, I consider a no-holds-barred combat situation where the goal is simply to win, no matter how it is done. In this pk scenario, monks aren't as weak as you'd think. Without wielding a weapon monks cannot disarm, that is a big negative in PvP, but in pk, you can take steps to skirt around that issue, including the fact that your opponent could already be weakened significantly. Because of this, the raw damage output of a monk is very substantial and can be very effective in killing. Also in the PK scenario, monks have one key defensive advantage. Flip. Wonderful skill for avoiding sneaky pkers.

I've seen monks be very effective at pkilling, namely Jewel, and while I agree they aren't amazing killers, you can't really blame that on the monk. Our deadly playerbase is so saturated with warriors, vampires, and thieves, that really the monk is forced into combat against those classes, and never gets a shot at a mage or augurer or some such. That is what really skews everyone's view on the subject.

Palermo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the highest I've ever gotten a monk is like level 10... and I deleted that char. Anywho, I think something that might make monks a bit funner would be to add more "fight" skills. They have punch and kick... well, warriors have that.. rangers have that.. and other classes have it.. maybe give them something like... Thunderclap Kick or... Guillotine Throw... while thunderclap kick would be like punch or kick, but would do more damage and guillotine throw would throw your opponent(maybe into another room and the monk follows) and stun them for maybe a rnd or 2... both would take quite a bit of movement points to use.. and maybe even some hps... but would make playing a monk more interesting.. maybe... like I said, I don't play them so I wouldn't know Wink
bronze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Debate!!! Strongest Race/Class on the mud... CURRENTLY Reply with quote

lets face it... the real power resides in the actual player to make his charecter buff. you can take almost any race or class and level against certain mobs to level quick.... you can do the same and use strategy to pk.... or u can be super smart and qp before you actually level.. qaz lev 31 mage has 1498 qp ...... two more and he could add +2 constitution or wisdom or luck!!! think of the possibilies...... people be real here... there is no supreme charecter limit.. it is limited on the player him/her self.
bronze Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: