Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deathloyal EQ restrictions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did Deathloyal ruin pkill?
Yes, make it have a small chance of failing each time so we can loot.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, cap the number of DL stuff people can have to 6 or less
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Yes, cap the number of DL stuff people can have to 7 or more
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Yes, increase the cost of qpbuy deathloyal
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
No, leave it as it is (I own more than 6 DL items as a single char)
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
No, leave it as it is (and I own less than 6 DL items)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Deathloyal EQ restrictions Reply with quote

I think I can see which way this poll will go before I even post it, but:
When I first conceived and implemented deathloyal eq, I didn't imagine that so many people would get so much of their equipment made deathloyal, to the degree that they leave very little of value on their corpse at all.
I've toyed with putting the price up, but it seems that this would be depriving the lower levels of the sort of thing that I want them to be able to have, just for the sake of keeping it interesting for the higher-ups (who probably wouldn't appreciate it anyway).
So, there's a couple of possible ways that we can still keep the concept of life and death in the least bit real for the higher ups:
- Deathloyal only has a 75% chance of recovering any individual item from your corpse, so someone with 8 items would still leave 2 on their body.
or
- Deathloyal itself works as normal, but you can only wear up to 6 deathloyal items. There would be an initial one month period in which avs could have deathloyal flags stripped from eq and get a full refund for the qps spent.

Thoughts?
Waldo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to change it, I like the idea of being only able to wear 6 or so death loyal items. It will make avatars think harder on which equipment they could not do without and which they could get easier. Off the top of my head, most would want their rings (nails) dloyaled, this visions, weapons, so that's 4 or 5 items, and then they can maybe pick another hard to get item. The 75% chance of a dloyal item being left in the corpse would discourage me from dying and exploring. I'd never know if my important piece of equipment would go away.

Maybe there could be two levels of death loyaling, one that has the 75% chance and would cost 200 qps, and another that costs more, maybe 1000 but has a 100% chance not to stay in your corpse.

Making the death loyal price higher would just hurt the newer avatars and those yet to avatar. They would have to work a lot harder to gain deathloyal equipment, and most of the old ones would already have everything deathloyaled.

Just my thoughts.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one concern...Deathtraps. Would either option work differently with dts?

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: response Reply with quote

I agree w/ Night on dts... they suck. For all I care, if you're pk'd leave everything on the corpse, but please leave the system in tact for peacefuls, dts, and mobs?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This discussion does bring to light another possibility - a skill to temporarily loosen the bindings a random DL item has to its owner during pfights.
In other words, a skill (or spell) that if used during a pkill fight will make the victim leave one of his DL items on his corpse.
Most (or all) classes would be able to buy the ability with qps, although thieves would get it to a higher percentage.

Thoughts?
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo and I say yay for that! Right Waldo?!

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Wedge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

I like that idea as well.
Saul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, that although I have more than 6 items that I would like to keep deathloyaled, only being able to have 6 deathloyaled would indeed make things more interesting, if not making player fighting in general more realistic and fun.

As to the skill to loosen a deathloyaled item during a player fight, I would not be so sure on, as there are some items that I would rather not have a chance of losing, quest items, ect. ect. Now say there was a special flag on certain "quest" items, and all other items were able to be loosened by this skill, then that would be great.

-Saul
Solitaire

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea of dloyaling only 6 items

the spell/skill could be fun as well, but as far as quest items and other things like that i think that their should be a flag excluding them

also a question on the skill, would you target a specific item? or just cast/use the skill and it hits a random piece?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Norik

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system is fine, leave it as it is. Too many people will complain if you make any drastic changes. The skill to "loosen" DL equipment sounds interesting, but there are maybe 5 avs who actively pk or even pfight, so it wont really affect that many people. I think that either decreasing the number of deadlies who dont pk, or making more deadlies actually pk is more important.

I hate it when people whine/bitch when they get pk'ed... youre a deadly, live with it.

Right now I have 35 pieces of DL eq on Norik... thats 7000 qps worth of DLs... whats the point of spending all those qps if you cant wear deathloyal stuff or if it works "sometimes"? If someone invests a lot of qps into their eq, shouldnt they be able to keep it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: