Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sh'kur and Vampires PC aggro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should PCs be Aggro in some circumstances?
Yes, and I play one of the ones mentioned
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
No, and I play one of the ones mentioned
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but I don't play a vamp or sh'kura
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
No, but I don't play a vamp or sh'kura
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
I don't feel strongly either way about it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Sh'kur and Vampires PC aggro Reply with quote

I'm toying with the idea of making Deadly Sh'kur automatically aggro on deadly Vamps within their level range if they enter the same room.

Another idea is to make Vampires aggro on anything in the room (within usual pkill restrictions) when their blood gets down to 5% of total.

What would people's reactions be to such moves?
(Don't forget to include whether or not you play a vamp or sh'kura, and what level it is)
Palermo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muhahahha
Waldo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like the idea of forcing deadly vampires and sh'kur attack themselves. Sure the helpfiles say they are natural enemies and attack eachother when they are met, but I think that forcing someone to role play a certain way is just silly. It's like coding it so that all elfs prefer to stay in forest areas or kenders take all everytime they enter a room. If people want to role play as a sh'kur who doesn't go crazy and attack every vampire they meet, I say we should let them, not force them to do something that their character would not do.

But the idea about vampires going crazy and attacking when they are low on hp, I like that idea. When a vampire is low on hp their unnatural portion takes over and they become an animal, attacking anything they can in order to feed and maybe regain hit points.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of kender stealing everything all the time. You should code that in Gareth, I think everyone would appreciate it. Very Happy Very Happy

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Wedge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Aggro Reply with quote

If there's someway to code it so you could easily turn it on or off, w/ a bool or something, so that you can turn it off for quests, I say go for it.
Saul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off what Waldo was discussing with the help files, I would like to ask a question regarding them. Vampires and Sh'kura are said to naturally hate each other.

I can understand a sh'kura naturally hating all vampires, since he cannot help but be a sh'kura since birth and be bound in there ways, naturally hating vampires and being imune to charm ect... I can also understand a pure blood vampire hating all sh'kura, as they are born a vampire, and as sh'kura are imune to charm, they would become a natural enemy of the vampires ect ect...

What I would like to get more insight into, is why vampires who have only just been turned into vampires, (not pure blood vampires), would naturally hate sh'kura. If a human was to live his life untill the ripe age of 25, then only at that age be turned in a vampire, why would he then naturally hate all of the sh'kura?

Just a question I had thought of... Thankyou
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proposal didn't include Vampires aggro'ing on the Sh'kura race, only the other way round.
The only reason Vampires hate Sh'kur is because they're being 'persecuted' by them; it's not particularly a primal thing.

If you are a Sh'kura, however, the presence of a Vampire makes your skin turn cold, your vision misty-red, and your stomach throb in competition with the half-digested food therein.
They are the Undead. They are a ghostly presence, feeding from the blood and souls of the living. They make you sick.

Get the idea?
Saul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Gareth, that helps a great deal, especially roleplaying wise. I will put some more thought into the proposals above now.
Palermo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only more Sh'kur would play the role... every clan has a vampire in it... every single one, yet i'm one of the only sh'kur avatars unclanned.
Saul

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that to force all Sh'kura to attack all Vampires will take away all of the importance of the attack and all of the roleplaying that goes with it.

Many wars between clans have been started over someone getting attacked, and to have this, "automatic" ,attacking of all vampires by sh'kura, will take away this whole obtion of roleplay that can go on between clans to start wars and finish them.

It is a good idea, though I feel that it will just make it all the more harder for sh'kura to actually roleplay anything against vampires, since their roleplay is automated for them if they ever meet a vampire outside of town.
Waldo

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth said
Quote:
If you are a Sh'kura, however, the presence of a Vampire makes your skin turn cold, your vision misty-red, and your stomach throb in competition with the half-digested food therein.
They are the Undead. They are a ghostly presence, feeding from the blood and souls of the living. They make you sick.

I think instead of just making sh'kur releasing their darker nature automaticly whenver they meet a vampire, maybe they should gain a bonus to damroll and hitroll and maybe even hit points when they are fighting a vampire. This would simulate the effect vampires have on sh'kur. They hate vampires so much that they can unleash all of their migth against the undead.[/quote]
Solitaire

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like waldo's idea better than forcing the vamps/shkura to fight....just my opinion tho
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the presence of a Vampire makes your skin turn cold, your vision misty-red, and your stomach throb in competition with the half-digested food therein.

Dunno about you, but having chills and an upset stomach wouldn't make me fight better. Very Happy Razz Very Happy Razz

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Norik

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against always making sh'kura attack all vampires automatically. I can think of a ton of situations that will makes this extremely annoying. First of all, this will destroy a lot of OOC interaction between the players, which I personally hold to be much more important than IC interaction and RP. It also defeats the purpose of the IC/OOC flag, you're forcing PCs to be IC 24/7, whether they like it or not. Yes, I know, Sh'kura and Vampires are for "serious role players only". But still, isn't it a golden rule of RP that the player, and only the player decides what the PC does?

What do you suggest should happen when a shkura and a vamp are in the same clan? Do you want everyone running around with ATTACKER and KILLER flags? What if the sh'kura is low on hp and unspelled and he goes out to repair eq and meets a vamp on the way? He will automatically attack whether he wants to or not and die. Gar, what will you tell him when he goes to you and starts complaining? Another place where this would get annoying... OOC eq runs. It'll place Sh'kura at a huge disadvantage since they are the only ones who can't go as they're the aggressive ones. What about quests? Do you want quests becoming random bloodbaths when you leave town? Just some things to think about...

If you really want to implement this, tie this in with the IC/OOC flag or a different flag. That way, the player has the choice, which is the way it should be.

There are very few sh'kura/vamps around now anyway (relatively). Why would you want to discourage people from playing them...?
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm completely for the idea of sh'kur attacking vamps automatically, but well, thought i'd throw in my 2 cents. A sh'kura and a vamp shouldn't be in the same clan, like Palermo said. Secondly, in general, I am annoyed on how the ooc/ic flags are used. In my opinion, using the ooc flag as an excuse to allow one to group with another player who is supposed to be an enemy, for whatever purpose, is silly. For example, an Acerbus Ira player going OOC so that they can help an OOC Forsaken to level. In my eyes, that's kind of stupid. I think in general the concept of IC/OOC is rather hard to determine. Though I surely know the difference between the two, I don't think being OOC is really a good excuse to aid your IC enemies...Dunno, maybe someone else is of the same mind as me who can explain more clearly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: