Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Personal ideas Reply with quote

Just some suggestions.

Races: Drow, full-blood troll/ogre/orc, elementals, lizardmen, troglodyte, kuo-toa, illithid or mindflayer
Classes: Dark knight/anti-paladin, assassin (COUGH), psionicist

Other - perhaps qp tokens to trade between players as another form of currency - many avs are so rich that gold isn't really worth anything to them anymore. Just qpbuy a token, and sell it to certain mobs for that amount of qps (or perhaps with a bit of interest).
Unther
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad not bad........ to bad I told ya some of those Wink
Cedrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad You stole those from me like you stole my virginity!

THIEF!
Unther
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol well here.... you can have my ideas... but I'm keeping your virginity Smile
mayln

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unther wrote:
lol well here.... you can have my ideas... but I'm keeping your virginity :)
Tsk, tsk. I'm not even going to ask.

What are Troglodytes? And Kuo-toa? Looks like I got me some googling to do.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drow already exist. There's already a Drow PC. They're a restricted class, though.
Dark Knights/APs again are something I've talked about several times in the past. Assassins are having the final touches put to them.
Wedge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean there's a Drow PC That I don't know about?! *gasp* I've got some researching to do. Thanks for the heads up.
Talinn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is with that quote in Unther's profile. It makes me look like a moron. Take it out please.

Talinn

http://www.blimeycow.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: quest tokens Reply with quote

I have been toying with different systems of transferring qps between players, but I'm still trying to finalise on a method of doing it that won't skew the whole thing of you-can-only-get-ahead-if-you're-twinked even more (on everquest, I'm told, it's _literally_ impossible to get past about level 25 without significant help from higher levels). What's looking the most favorite is a qpgive command that only lets you transfer to people your level or above, possibly with a minor surcharge.
Wedge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as it's not allowed between alts, that's fine with me.
Alucard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Blargh Reply with quote

Pfft, who do you get your leet EverQuest info from Gareth?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just the word on the street. Wink
Glaykor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: just thinking.... Reply with quote

Idea If possible, shouldn't there be a way for the peaceful and the deadly halves of SoN be able to group together for adventuring, qping, etc. If it's a clan based on the joining of the two original clans, shouldn't they be able to help one another in other ways. A peaceful ends up feeling totally useless there especially when making runs and you try to heal up your party in battles and all you get constantly is fear of deadly message while you watch your party/friends die. Crying or Very sad Yes I know the seperation of peaceful and deadlies, but shouldn't a clan that is built on the joining of the two have at least a small benefit there. Yes there might have to be some kind restraints/thought out limits and such but..... just thinking (what's that burning smell).... Rolling Eyes
I don't even know if the coding is a possibility. Thoughts?
chingan
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Greeners and deadlies Reply with quote

Well from a RP view it doesn't make much sense that people shouldn't be able to group (but then again it doesn't make much sense that some people can and others can't find eachother - just my though)

Anyway, perhaps some way that if a group is attacked the greeners automatically leave the group? (or disband the group if they are the leader and the deadly being atacked leads the new group with the other dealies in it)

Hope that made sense... Very Happy
Chingan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glaykor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: re: greeners and deadlies Reply with quote

Twisted Evil If someone is crazy enough to attack a grouped party of deadlies and peacefuls, I think they deserve what they are about to get. Laughing That wasn't the purpose I had in mind though.
But otherwise I think you are right with the pkilling aspect of it. We don't want people getting mixed up in a personal vendetta or a mixed group hunting down individuals either. Maybe your disbanding idea or pkilling just not being allowed at all where mixed groups are concerned. Something in the line of the warnings you get when you try to kill mobs in the stores in town or when grouped, the party is stuck in config +nice mode, or something, until disbanded?
I don't want it abused yet I like the idea that you should be able to group with your clan members in quests, equipment runs, and in rp and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: