Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Room Builder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chingan
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Online Room Builder Reply with quote

Those of you who've ever tried building are probably familiar with the ORB (offline room building) program. I'm toying with the idea developing a similar tool for online room building... that's to say a mud client with some forms that do the building commands for you once filled out.

Goal would be to make the gap smaller once again to build areas, also provide an admin tool for quick changing of rooms/mobs/items. Let me know if there's anyone interested in such a program, and if so ... what they'd like to see implemented in it.

Chingan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: interest Reply with quote

I'm interested, but I"ve never used one before.
Talinn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds cool. I think a webpage with a form in which you could just fill out stuff (stats, hp, hps, and so on) would be cool. like for the mobs/objects at least. you could probably write that in php pretty easily. Then it will send commands to the bp or something (i'm not quite sure how that would work, perhaps you would have to add some code). you could also make rooms online. perhaps make a huge grid on a website and each box you click on will be instantly created. then you have to select a button called "exit making" and a checkmark in the directoin you want it to be at or something and click on one square (the square you want the exit to start at) and release the mouse at the ending square. of course, it would be nice to have options like keys and types of doors, for people would not build with this program if it only offered open doors with no locks and mobs in which you could only set hp. the harder stuff like making resets could be left to just on the mud building.

Talinn
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: