Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post count fun!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was okay, it's just that the Portugese keeper was above and beyond. 3 saves and he got a hand on the fourth - that's unusually good. Ah well, there's always next year*.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming the * was going to refer to something like, "Although it isn't the world cup" or "technically 4" or something such as that. But yea, the portugese keeper was a champ and i'm sure it didn't help that beckham and rooney were out. Not that they necessarily could have done any better but i find it likely that one of them would have at least been in the 5 to take a shot.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
mayln

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching the World Cup as well since I played soccer myself and my boyfriend is...pretty obsessive about it, as well. I'm sorry to see it come to all of these penalty kicks, that really is a lousy way to win the game. Who do you think will win now? I'm hoping for Germany, but, the way things have been going, I'm not sure.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fifascrewedusa.com/ is pretty funny (well, if you like laughing at Americans) Wink
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth wrote:
http://www.fifascrewedusa.com/ is pretty funny (well, if you like laughing at Americans) Wink

I can't believe someone already made a site about that!

Wait a minute.... who am I shitting? Of course I can!

God Bless the USA! Home of the overly enthusiastic dumbshits who think people really give a flying fuck what they think!

PS - Germany rules

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
mayln

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not clicking on that link, but I can already guess what it's about. I do think that some of the rulings by the referee during the Italy vs. America game were a little extreme (on both sides), but I don't see that it's worth the fuss of a website.
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a coincidence! One of my favourite past times happens to be laughing at Americans!
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else thoroughly unhappy with the prospect of watching the world cup final? I hate France and Italy. Of all the teams... it had to be the two I hate the most.

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Project Arcturus all over again:
Hank: By the way, Homer, what's your least favorite country: Italy or France?
Homer: France.
Hank: [chuckles] Nobody ever says Italy. ...
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I have to decide between the disappointment of people I dislike (who root for Italy) or my own hate of France. I had been thinking that the only way it would all turn out for the best was if all of France's best players, Zidane, Ribery, Henry, etc., got carded and missed this game and then Italy won. Cause then I'd be happy, but I could also argue with the people who root for Italy that it was an empty victory cause France had half a team.

Alas, no cards. Guess I'll just watch the Germany Portugal game.

Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go.... Ukraine............ bleh.
neq

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
HENRY!
that is all i have to say
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*headbutts neq*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: