Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time has come...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: The time has come... Reply with quote

Friends, family, countrymen... lend me your ears...er, well eyes in this case...!

Many of you may know I'm a caffiene addict. I need my daily fix. My beverage of choice is, was, and always has been from a young age, Diet Mountain Dew. Yesyes, mock all you want about the dietness, but if you've grown up with something from the age of 5 it will remain with you for most your life.

It has come to my attention however, that evil is afoot. The sadistic sodomizers formerly known as PepsiCo have commited a crime so heinous I hesitate to even type of it. They have....CHANGED THE DIET MOUNTAIN DEW FORMULA!! I know! I was astounded as well. My friends...this absurd alteration of the epic beverage known as diet Mountain Dew is blasphemy of the greatest degree. Not only am I offended by the change of my lovely dew, but it also tastes like low grade ass. Trust me, I was so offended I tried out some low grade ass in a taste test comparison. I almost preferred the ass, but it was lacking caffiene. PepsiCo should know better. Mountain Dew drinkers are some of the most fanatic people in the world, but they are also crazed addicts. YOU DON'T MESS WITH A CRAZED MAN'S ADDICTION FOOLS!!!!!!!

Ahem, anyway... PepsiCo did not act alone. No...they had an accomplice. This accomplice goes by the scientific name, "Sucralose." To your average Joe, it is called "Splenda." Yes that's right. The evil demon known as Splenda has claimed yet another victim in what I have called the, "Not-really-sugar Wars." All around the grocery store Splenda is taking over and ousting other artifical sweeteners and completely demolishing what remains of the sugar empire. Kettle Korn fell to the demons long ago, but now...now Splenda has gone too far. No one takes Diet Mountain Dew away! It is time to rise up! To leave our secluded computer desks and cry out, "I will not go gently into that good night!! I will not kick my caffiene habit without a fight!" Let us throw down the evil that is Splenda and take back the once glorious kingdom of PepsiCo! We shall reincorporate the likely unhealthy artifical sweeteners that once sweetened our sweeterific mountain dew! For I fear, normal Mountain Dew is next. What then? Will we be forced fed Splenda straight from its freakish packaging? Will it be dripped into our systems via IV? I fear my friends, I fear...

So, I come to you now to ask you, NAY! Beg you, to rise up with me. Sign petitions, destroy random things that don't necessarily have anything to do with Pepsi or Splenda, and generally cause much looting, raping, and pillaging etc etc. I have ripped off a poem to commemorate this righteous day when we shall stand forth and be recognized:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Caffiene withdrawl will burn at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Wise men at their end know Nightblade is right,
Because his words were epic and true they
Drink Splendaless dew into that good night.

Good men, their last dew in hand, cry how right
Nightblade is and praise the real Diet Dew,
Rage, RAGE against the dying of the light!

Wild men who caught and sang of Nightblade's plight,
And learn, in time to stop the evil Splenda,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight,
See the truth of the evilness and doom,
Rage, RAGE against the dying of the light.

And you, my friends, on the AC forums.
Bless me now with your raging and riots,
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage...Rage against the dying of the light.

Now then. Follow me my friends. Fear not for what will happen when the riots overtake the country. My basement is fully stocked with what is left of the original Diet Mountain Dew. I had to visit 10 stores in my county to locate enough to last me a year, but i did it. So, there is nothing to fear from repercussions. Let us go out to the streets and throw down THE MAN!!!

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"

Last edited by Nightblade on Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have issues.

You can stay.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seph wrote:
You have issues.

And that surprises you....how?

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
neq

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did they change the normal dew formula also?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count yourself lucky. You can't even GET mountain dew in Britain. And the recipe they use in Singapore isn't all that great either... must be something in the water there.
Vicks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get Mountain Dew in Canada ... but it's got no Caffiene (illegal to make carbonated drinks that contain caffiene that aren't opaque or something...).

But now I think you can get Mountain Dew "energy drinks" that have caffiene in them ... which I imagine is just the U.S formula for Mountain Dew.

But it's all a moot point ... because Coke rules all.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicks wrote:
You can get Mountain Dew in Canada ... but it's got no Caffiene (illegal to make carbonated drinks that contain caffiene that aren't opaque or something...).

But now I think you can get Mountain Dew "energy drinks" that have caffiene in them ... which I imagine is just the U.S formula for Mountain Dew.

But it's all a moot point ... because Coke rules all.

There's all kinds of weird "energy drinks" out now adays. I'm a personal fan of Full Throttle (made by coca-cola) cause it tastes a bit like mt. dew. Yea, I knew about that crazy law in Canada....not that I understand it one single bit, but I'm sure there's a reason behind it.

Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one time me and my buddy we had these red bulls and this 26 of jagermielter and we drank it in shots and then we did jagbombs with the jager and the red bull and we were like wow we're so hyper and we ran around going wheeeee look at us and it was all really cool and stuff and we met these chicks and we gave them some and they were all like whoaaaaaaaaaa thats crazy and then we had some more and they had some more and we were all like sweet yo thats dope and it was all cool and then i woke up in my bed.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seph wrote:
This one time me and my buddy we had these red bulls and this 26 of jagermielter and we drank it in shots and then we did jagbombs with the jager and the red bull and we were like wow we're so hyper and we ran around going wheeeee look at us and it was all really cool and stuff and we met these chicks and we gave them some and they were all like whoaaaaaaaaaa thats crazy and then we had some more and they had some more and we were all like sweet yo thats dope and it was all cool and then i woke up in my bed.

The only thing of significance that I got from all that was that you did not, in fact, score.

Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how did you come to that conclusion? :p
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seph wrote:
And how did you come to that conclusion? :p

Because you say, "then I woke up in my bed." Nothing else. If you had scored you would have said, "Then we all had this craaazzy orgy," or "then all the girls came back to my place to party" or "then I woke up in my bed, with the girls" or even more subtle "then I woke up in her bed." But you didn't. So you lose. Razz

Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note the time in between the last listed drink and the time waking up elapsed is around 12 hours...
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seph wrote:
Please note the time in between the last listed drink and the time waking up elapsed is around 12 hours...

Yea, keep trying bud. You got nothing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: