Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3C: Codex Con Canada 2006
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Location for codex party?
I'll go anywhere in Canada, but have a preference towards Toronto
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
I'll go anywhere in Canada, but prefer Montreal
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
I'll go anywhere in Canada, but prefer somewhere else (specify below)
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I'll go anywhere in Canada, no _major_ preferences.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
It's Toronto or I'm not coming
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
It's somewhere else in Canada or I'm not coming
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I can't come to Canada, but will post below saying where I would be willing to go.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: 3C: Codex Con Canada 2006 Reply with quote

It seems pretty much decided that for various reasons, Canada is the choice country-wise. So, let's pin it down further. VOTE!
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be the option: "Anywhere in Canada, as long as anywhere happens to be near eastern US."

I ain't driving to the Yukon.

Very Happy

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's also pretty much decided that it will be eastern Canada. (Sorry Seph.)
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Arg... Reply with quote

Arg...
neq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys have fun in canada, its too far for me Sad since I'm from Kansas
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go harvest some corn or something and sell it on the black market, then buy plane tickets with the extra money!

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Lycaeth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Location Reply with quote

Sault St. Marie- Smaller than Toranto, easier to get to, and more "Yankee Friendly".
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Location Reply with quote

Lycaeth wrote:
Sault St. Marie- Smaller than Toranto, easier to get to, and more "Yankee Friendly".

http://www.sault-canada.com/tourism/?flash=true has the gayest flash animation ever made.
I also question "easier to get to", since their airport doesn't seem to have flights to Britain Wink
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably point out for those who haven't gathered by now, that while it's both fun and useful to talk about getting a meet like this together, the number of interested parties isn't currently enough to make it worth my while.
Add that to certain other uncertainties with my international scheduling this year, and it's definitely not something that's happening in the next few months.
You are of course welcome to organize your own Codex meets, but I won't be able to attend Sad
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need, my friends, is a sponsor.

I wonder, if we all get Crest tatooed on our asses, would the toothpaste giant be able to fly us all to the same place and give us money for some much needed intoxicated celebration?

I need a new job.
First I have to worry about rent and food, so I'm in the same boat as Gareth.

Also, from personal experience, Guelph is closer to the states, a LOT smaller than Toronto, only a 40 minute drive from the airport for us airporters, the accomidations are cheaper and its a SWEET university town. (All in relation to Toronto.) Lots of cool bars and such, and lots of big public parks where we can run around throwing fireballs at eachother untill they arrest us all.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth wrote:
I should probably point out for those who haven't gathered by now, that while it's both fun and useful to talk about getting a meet like this together, the number of interested parties isn't currently enough to make it worth my while.
Add that to certain other uncertainties with my international scheduling this year, and it's definitely not something that's happening in the next few months.
You are of course welcome to organize your own Codex meets, but I won't be able to attend Sad

Party in Ohio all year round! Forget all you people, we got all the coolest gamers here in Summit County. NE OHIO BABY!

Lycaeth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: point- and a good one at that Reply with quote

Nightblade raises an excellent point; Gareth and Seph as well.

by my count, there's really only three people who are 100% they could come to this, and two of them are riding in the same car (Myself and Lily). So...

To Nightblade: i have 0 obligations starting the afternoon of May 12th and on through that weekend; if you wanted to think about something in a realistic way, that's what i propose. I say that weekend in particular because i'll still be in mid-Michigan then, so either meeting you some place or going to ohio would be a lot easier.

To Everyone Else: well fine! i'll just have our own party. With blackjack...and hookers- you know what? forget the blackjack!
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: point- and a good one at that Reply with quote

Lycaeth wrote:
Nightblade raises an excellent point; Gareth and Seph as well.

by my count, there's really only three people who are 100% they could come to this, and two of them are riding in the same car (Myself and Lily). So...

To Nightblade: i have 0 obligations starting the afternoon of May 12th and on through that weekend; if you wanted to think about something in a realistic way, that's what i propose. I say that weekend in particular because i'll still be in mid-Michigan then, so either meeting you some place or going to ohio would be a lot easier.

To Everyone Else: well fine! i'll just have our own party. With blackjack...and hookers- you know what? forget the blackjack!

Man, we've got like 5 people around here who would come... at least. Maybe closer to 10 depending on what day and such. Sure, only Nate and myself really play anymore or even know half you people, but all the old school people would be down with meeting Gareth, Seph, Nori, Aka, and revisiting with Jeff and Travis. Here's a possible list. I haven't checked with any of them, but they might think highly of a roadtrip to Canada:
Unther, Silverbolt, Xerxes, Tsidak, Mairsil, me, and Dunedain maybe if we had assurances that Gareth wouldn't strangle him Wink

Like I said, PARTY IN OHIO!

Vicks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Toronto idea. Smile

Failing that, having went to school there, i can vouch for
the fact that guelph is indeed a kickass university town.

As for any other locations, I'm affraid I'm basically in the same boat as seph: no money, and taking time off to make a trip would only compound that fact. Not too mention expenses. So yeah, basically it's gotta be a $20 bus ride away from the T. or I probably won't be able to attend.

But if it is i'm down! Razz
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... hmm.
Yeeeeeeeeeah.
I just watched the movie Capote, so I'm incapable of finishing entire sen

Albertas nice! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: