Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Codex Party 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where's best for you?
Montreal
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Toronto
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Other Canada
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
New York / New Jersey
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Other East Coast
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Missouri or other Central/Midwest
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
West Coast, for some reason
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Mexico
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Codex Party 2006 Reply with quote

Before I start, bear in mind that at this stage we're just talking about this for fun, in a what-if scenario. I have no idea when and where I will and won't be able to _actually_ do any of these things. So, with that in mind:

Codex Con 2006!
I'm thinking maybe early March, as being a time that's off-peak for flights, whilst still being distant enough to plan ahead for and not clashing with my annual snowboarding trip.

So, what sort of things do people want?
- A tabletop session would definitely feature, using a (probably) d20-based version of your AC characters.
- If it's at all feasible (location wise as well as both costume and inclination of players) I'd quite like to run an AC-based LARP, but I gather some of you are sissies in that area...
- I'm imagining there'll probably be at least one night of heavy drinking, but which night that'll be and so forth will most likely be decided based on who's actually coming and when (if we're doing it in the USA I don't want to get done for incitement when it turns out one of you is 'only' 20)
- Sooo, what else? Party games with IC prizes? Do we want to do anything involving any actual computers, or do we keep them well away from the proceedings?

Also up for debate: do we make our own accomodation arrangements and have daily meets, or have one person arrange a couple of studio apartments for everyone to all bunk up together, which would also serve as a venue for the tabletop? Or if we are going down the larp route, a campsite? Or something else?
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to vote for Ohio!!! Yaaaay OHIO!

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of putting an option for Ohio, but I'm reluctant to go there because of the sheer proportion of total nutters we've had over the years from that particular state.

No offence meant.
Wink
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmfao. Come on now, we aren't THAT bad. Only like, two of us have ever really caused major problems...mostly....
Hell, two of your admins are Ohioans, so we can't be that crazy. At least, we can't be any worse than all those crazy ass Canadians.

On a more serious note, Canada would probably be a good choice, that way all those poor 20 year olds can booze it up with everyone else.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Waldo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for midewest. Ohio would be a good choice for me, since I live two minutes from the border.
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Well.. Reply with quote

I personally voted for Other places in Canada.
I live in Calgary, which is absolutely insane...
We're the party city, so we'd defiantely have a good time.
I could probably find locations to host most people up, and if not I'd be glad to pitch down a bunch of dollar towards residence.
Theres places not even 20 minutes out of town, outdoor wood barbecues, acres upon acres of wooded terrain and creeks. Great location for LARP. (Yes, for you guys and you guys only I'd actually LARP)
Thats just me...
Other than that, if I had the cash (HIGHLY DOUBTFUL) I'd love to come out to eastern Canada for Codexcon...
Oh! Toronto in September...
Details to be posted in a topic in the General Forum in a few days tops!
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, but I've got a feeling that it's way out of the way for most of the players. As far as I can tell we've got very few people who live west of Ohio - even Missouri (where the mud was born) doesn't have many active representatives.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Well.. Reply with quote

Seph wrote:

Theres places not even 20 minutes out of town, outdoor wood barbecues, acres upon acres of wooded terrain and creeks. Great location for LARP. (Yes, for you guys and you guys only I'd actually LARP)

As long as it's drunken larping....I might be willing :/

Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akastron posted on the main board:
Quote:
To make the best of 2 major cities...
Could the codex con be between Montreal and Toronto?
Somewhere like Kingston would be somewhat half-way between.
Get back to me with your input.

As far as transport's concerned, I'm happier with a city that I can fly to from Manchester, cheaply. I don't know how many other people plan on flying. Show of hands?

However, I think as long as we've got enough people who are willing to commit to travelling a distance, then the venue itself is more important than the city. My ideal situation would be somewhere where there's a decent sized room (internet connection a bonus but not vital) that we can get to ourselves for the entire duration for cheap.

A very basic schedule is starting to form in my head. The 'main' part of the meet will obviously be over the weekend, but I'll be around for at least a week since the flight time is 12 hours each way, so it might look something like:
Wednesday: I fly in and get settled

Thursday: Sightseeing with anyone who wants to get off work and join me

Friday: Sightseeing during day, bulk of people arrive in the evening, go out drinking/clubbing

Saturday and Sunday: Fun and Games
This can include such things as:
- Abandoned Codex Tabletop Edition. Depending on how many people show up this might be done as two different games, cause tabletop doesn't work well with more than about 5-6 people in a session. Any exp/qp/items gained are transferred back to your regular character at the end of it.
- Other Games and Activities to be suggested - could be anything depending on who's coming and where we go - basketball, soccer, poker games for stats
- Masterclasses if (a) people are interested, and (b) we can get the equipment. Maybe we could run two concurrently, a 'new builders' one headed by a volunteer, and a 'how to write mobprogs that don't mess everything up' one by me. And if anyone wants to present their own masterclass (e.g. How To Pwn Deadlies) they can.

Monday and Tuesday: Cleaning up if necessary, and more sightseeing and drinking with whoever sticks around.

Wednesday: Fly home

Of course, this is still extremely early in the planning stages, so it's a good time to chip in with opinions.
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

I'd hold the 'how to pwn deadlies' class.
Smile

It's obviously not going to be in my neck of the woods, but I'm down for coming out all week.
Split a room with ya G?
I prob wont have alot of money.
Akie-monster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gunna LARP you to death G, you're gunna wish you brought your dragon suit coz when i come out with my ogre costume you're dead as shit!

im not so sure i want to meet some of you, hopefully though, Casik and Azael will be there so we can shit on them! I'm gunna enjoy meeting Casik Smile

I also think we should have a IRL clan war. Solitude gets his clan (him lexi, Fragma, waldo) and me Vicks and Seph will fight until the last person stands... or if nobody believes in violence like i do, we can play strip twister and i'll watch seph bum-hump waldo.

P.S. We can play tackle football and basketball, I'd kill you all in both, and strip poker only if Balsa comes... damn i love girls who love girls!

-v- You've been DonkyPunched!!! -v-
DethanStormblade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: hah! Reply with quote

I'll Larp.....I'll table top, I'll go sight seeing, and flipping right doggie will I booze it up. ANywhere, any time. gimme enough notice, and I'll drive to flippin' Flordia if I have to.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lexi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason I say Canada is some of us arent 21 yet... -inno- 7 months!
but anyways...Sounds like fun...cept the larping...tabletop is cool (larping so wrong)...ummm Hotels are fun...(mmm hubby)...well thats about all i wana say

-Lexi Wink
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chances of me going are severely dependent upon school schedule. Spring break would be a handy time, though I can't promise I won't be heading south for that....

Palermo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone is from frickin Canada.... All the Canadians want it in their country cuz its cheaper for them.. yet someone like me... from AR would end up paying a shitload... Take a vote of state's where everyone is from and have it in the most central city/state...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: