Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm a lil new

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caddyx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: I'm a lil new Reply with quote

Alright, so I'm a little new..actually I just found the mud about 3 mins ago and joined the forum so I was wondering if I could get some info real quick about it from some of the players because I'm in another country and we can't download a client to these military computers here, what I'm wanting is a new mud (I've only ever played one) to start on when I get back to Japan so throw some stuff at me rp/pk wise big fun how many players, where your favorite spot to make out with mobs are...anything that comes to mind; or if you just wanna ask me questions pop em up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Caddyx, you've made a damn fine choice in mud selection, if I do say so myself. Abandoned Codex is incredibly long-lived and has it's fair share of dedicated players. Our playerbase waxes and wanes depending on the season as any mud does but it isn't uncommon to see 5 people playing at once. This, by no means, is the extent of our playerbase, as we have many well established players who frequent the mud.
Roleplay is very encouraged, and the majority of players take part. We USUALLY have a quest every other week (though it does depend on the admins), and roleplaying is almost enforced on those. I'm of the opinion, that it is the RP storylines that really make this mud. I've played a lot of other muds, but never have I spent so much time on them as I do on this one. Pkilling IS allowed, but there are restrictions. This isn't a godwars mud. We do have deadly clans that war between themselves pretty frequently, but it's not the mass murder seen on godwars.
Another nice thing we have is our Building Port. Gareth has set up a separate port where, with proper permission, players can build areas to be added onto the mud. This allows us to get a lot more new areas in than a mud which only has a couple builders on its admin staff.

I may be of a biased opinion, but I'm pretty confident when I say that Abandoned Codex is one of the best muds out there.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
neq

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i am not sure if you checked out the quests section of this forum or not but it will give you an idea of the current RP standing. Also i would recommend you join Neq's School of Thought. I hear it is the best school of training outside of the academy ... but then again my thought on that is baised lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: hiya Reply with quote

Welcome to the mud.
I've been playin this damn thing for 7-8 years now.
I've imp'd my own mud before, and been on many others, but this mud is so unique and challenging that it has always been my favourite.

You too can find out for yourself when Gareth (owner/operator) gets back from his holiday in France and reboots the mud. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: