Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas.txt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucifer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive probably asked this before but here goes again, how about a new skill to create weapons, shields, armor, etc
could also create a mining skill for example you go into the dwarven mines, start mining find some ore or whatever and then create items from it. you could also use power gems in the process to make better items.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not opposed in principle, but it's so hard to do PC item creation well in muds. You have to get the balance right between the items being good enough to be worth creating, but not so powerful that they make regular eq pointless. Not to mention the prospect of people creating item-creating chars that only exist to buff each other up.

I'd probably be willing to give it a go if there wasn't so much other stuff on the list.

That said, I'd be happy to see more builders do stuff like mine ore -> make item in their area, but how about not just for the super-uber items? Like maybe a 12 room mining section where each room randomly pops one buried ore object on average once every few (real time) hours or so, and you need to dig up 5 to make the knob for the end of a staff that has, say, 3 charges of lower-level quantum spike on it.
Lucifer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have two more ideas,

the first is a personal chest if you will. could be an adition to the bank. pretty much you could pay for a safe deposit box and can keep 10 items safe from anyone but yourself. you could have the code something like open box # ####. the first number being the box, and the second being the code for the box, could be an idea for quests too, have people running round following clues to open a box.

my second is not too good but i like the idea of it. it would essentially be a new armor slot, but would be for trophies, when you kill a mob and it pops a head, arm, leg, heart etc you could choose to wear them and different mobs and limbs give different effects. for example. the head of a dragonsnake would give little bonus if any but the head of txa would give a better bonus. i know it would bring alot more items to the game, but theyre would be lots of possibilities for items and it would be random as to what bodypart you get.
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly for the box idea, although good, that would involve remembering what box # and password are yours. Easy enough right? Well there's a reason G took out the delete command and such... people forget these things all the time and it's a big hassle to look stuff up every half hour for people.

For the heart/leg/eye/whatever idea, these things are desintegrating, and if you could equip it you would only get that bonus for like 30 seconds anyway. Interesting if you made the effects REALLY effing powerful, because then it could just turn the tides of battle for you, however you'd need to have just killed something to get those 5 or so rounds of help. Not a bad idea, however.

I'm still pushing for rune based magic. Very Happy
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seph wrote:

Wtf are you, a RS fanboi? Laughing Laughing

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Shadowkaun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I was thinking, and we do have 2 rings, two bracelets, two weapons right? Well i know most races have two ears as well, so why not have earings be a dualitem as well. Because this way, theres no question on what ear it's on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Waldo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you, but none of my characters would ever dream of wearing unmatched earrings!
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waldo wrote:
I don't know about you, but none of my characters would ever dream of wearing unmatched earrings!

Herein lies the problem.
Earrings are just not "tough". But two ostensibly tough-guy clans (Ira and OC) have earrings as their clan eq. Why? Because the stats are nicer than other equipment in that location. The fact that it makes you look as though you perhaps Enjoy the Company of Other Men is secondary.

If anything happens to the 'ears' location, it'll be its complete removal. How the hell do earrings give you protection from _anything_, anyway?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seph wrote:

First I've heard of it.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a thought on the whole subject of clan eq, and how it's rarely picked for being appropriate for the clan in question (as in the example above) -
How about getting shot of the system where you just create a fixed item, and replace it with one where your clan item is fashioned from an existing item that you supply yourself? So you could have, say, a militaristic clan like Obsidian Circle who'd have a uniform breastplate and helmet (that you could wear regardless of level), and Nonla could have some sort of Staff-o-Peace as their weapon, and SoN could have a dark cloak, and so on; and it wouldn't impact on people's stats.
The command to change the item would probably be leader/number1/number2 only to keep it in check, but they'd be able to do it as and when.

Thoughts?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more recent ones for discussion:
Code:
[15110] Xtaras: clerics earn qp to worship after avataring
[21055] Polar: it would be great to be able to scribe or brew more than one spell to a flask or scroll
[12602] Ronin: an offensive spell like slow, or bewilder that could slightly reduce the targets chance of parry/dodge, etc...
[16761] Ronin: 'learning', for avatars, could give 1 additional glory for every 50 recieved or something...
[16115] Ronin: a remort class for the monk, or some kind of skill that after alcahol consumption (to much ot too little could have detriminal effects), would improve hitroll and armor class.
[21001] Lucifer: the ability to craft items would be pretty good
[15034] Vicks: Would there be any way of posting pkills for the clans per month, as well as an overall total?  I think that'd be kinda neat, I don't know much about coding, but it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard... just an idea
[10890] Jander: flee should come with a direction since you should be able to decide which direction you want to flee in
[21001] Gareth: Jester class, rp only
[21345] Daelix: Implement a list command at merchants that lets you see the stats on something before you buy it...similar to the auc command showing the item for auction's stats.
[21345] Daelix: A prompt token that gives an invisibility/hide/sneak indicator that shows I if invisible, H if hidden, and S if sneaking.
[21001] Jander: exp bonuses in certain areas so that people will go there more often
[15142] Harpell: take the summon config away from deadlies
[21001] Keegan: What if when people die, and you have some sort of sharp object, you could carve a trophey piece off of them, like their head or something.  It would only be on a timer, like the body parts that already get lobbed off people or mobs, but maybe this
[21000] Palermo: Higher the penalty to vampires during the day and make mistwalk only work during night.  After all, they _are_ vampires... :)
[ 1200] Gareth: 'lore' skill. Does an identify on objects but doesn't give values, and gives a few more clues than 'cons' on mobs.
[21001] Jander: ignore commany <ignore> <name>
[21001] Waldo: single wielding a weapon without a shield gains bonuses to make up for the lesser damage of not using two weapons
[21001] Palermo: If undead mobs or players have healing spells cast upon them it does damage.
[21001] Jander: a raid zone
[21001] Nightblade: How about a spell called 'globe of darkness'? Drow are supposed to have the innate ability to summon a globe of darkness over a small area, which no light or sight can penetrate because Drow are good at blind combat. Since that doesn't transfer well
[32708] Xtaras: if there was a skill such as snare you could do that when mobs fleed it caught them and they culd not go anywhere then that would be AWESOME
[32270] Cyrus: increase stat caps to like 30 or 35 or 40
[10900] Wedge: Squire Master portals like wed.
[10954] Wedge: Wise Elder in Pentir casts spells like Hipp and Heather
[15142] Wedge: Population of clans, next to Pkills.
[ 1200] Gareth: Groves for druids. They'll be safe rooms they can teleport to.
[ 1200] Gareth: traps of all kinds... sticky, explodey, poisonous, stun-type
[ 1200] Gareth: alarm traps that yell "$N is trapped in <room name>"
[21194] Dirge: Set Traps Skill: Sleep/Stun, Glyph (cast spell into the trap) Alarm (yells who set the trap off) Sticky (no leaving the room, no recall), Exploding. Each type can either be a specific trap skill, or have one trap skill and buy the "trap kit" at a ve
[21001] Solitaire: Fast Healing: A passive skill that would increase the regen rate for charcters, would give like 2-3x the generation rate at max skill lvl. Could only be practiced/raised at a trainer (like languages)
[21001] Vicks: take out the stupid kill buffer for qping ... qping is hard enough with mentalstate and the beatings that some of these mobs can inflict. Forcing avatars to kill 30 shitty mobs every time they do a round of qping is time consuming and tedious.  The
[ 1200] Gareth: physical reflection skill for monks, gives them an extra chance at a hit when they're struck
[21194] Xorano: lasttell - displays the last 10 tells you recieves
[21194] Xorano: sharpen - thief skill - adds 3 dr (for avatars, less for lower levels) on a weapon, but requiring a whetstone, and has a chance of scrapping the weapon
[15142] Wedge: Small containers that you can wear.  i.e. "Worn on Belt <a pouch>"
[10901] Wedge: Higher int and wis mean less mana cost for spells, and maybe higher damage/longer duration?
[ 1200] Gareth: or better still make 'resist bash' part of the paladin shield ability
[ 1200] Gareth: 'breath control' for assassins / monks, counters gassed rooms and underwater
[ 1200] Gareth: 'gas room' for assassins - needs material component
[ 1200] Gareth: skill to resist being bash-stunned
[ 2204] Wedge: Clerics getting a Raise-type spell where only half normal penalty is taken if used.
[21001] Palermo: new warrior skill:  charge <person> makes it so you can get around rescue.. with a lower % change of course
[21000] Waldo: Your character farts every so often without your control, just like in real life.
[15037] Vicks: monks could have some sorta parry that doesn't involve wielding a weapon ... martial arts and all
[10321] Even: there should be a way for low levels to get back their starting package, or at least purchase it. I got killed by wandering in to an Orc and didn't dare go back to get my stuff. Couldn't buy a weapon 'cause I wasn't high enough in levels and without
[ 1200] Gareth: 'make poison' for assassins.
[ 1200] Gareth: a skill that lets you pick a location to strike in combat, e.g. if your opponent isn't wearing head armor, aim for the head
[21001] Glaykor: shieldbash skill for characters not using dual weapons
[ 1200] Gareth: make spell durations stack up to a maximum of 150% their usual length
[ 1200] Gareth: war wizard spell that can stop people casting magic
[ 1200] Gareth: war wizard spell that sets the room 'nomagic'?
[ 1200] Gareth: Illusionist 'vanish inanimate' spell that puts invis flag on objects
[ 1200] Gareth: make an invisible attack mode for illusionists, an invis that doesn't wear off during combat
[ 1200] Gareth: a monk ability that lets them cast minpos-8 spells during combat
[ 1200] Gareth: enhancements to Monk martial arts, viz. a super dodge mode where they dealt little damage but dodged lots
[ 1200] Gareth: counter-attack for monks, like a physical version of fireshield, for martial arts.
[ 1200] Gareth: "prac qp" for maybe 75 qps
[21001] Lucifer: class based ratings list, one for warriors, thiefs, augs, clerics etc
[15033] Shadowkaun: Avatars should get there own pets and could by them for like 50 qp and what not
[21181] Yaroslieven: How about making it so you can set your recall point to areas within town?
[21398] Gareth: necraladins should get an attack versus paladins
[21001] Gareth: sanctify/desecrate for paladins/necs, cast on the room gives ac and hitroll bonuses/penalties by align
[ 1200] Gareth: make 'where' an ability instead of a freebie
[21001] Jasmine: i think we should be able to make zapping eq zap into the inventory ...like with the loyal on weapons that get disarmed
[15039] Uralaem: i think that avatared paladins should automatically acquire the title of "sir" or "lady" as they are supposed to be holy knights who have proven themselves through whatever means
[21003] Gareth: war wizard version of dispel magic that works on PCs (but only strips one spell affect at a time); 'dispel sanc' etc
[ 1200] Gareth: aff_by kickin_hprestore, if you go beneath 5% hp the affect vanishes and your hps are fully restored.
[ 1200] Gareth: aff_by_restore, while affected you can type 'restore self' or 'restore <name>' to restore someone/self, but then lose the affect.
[ 1200] Gareth: slow down adepting rate of combat skills
[ 1200] Gareth: 'commission' command for groups; head of a group types 'commission <name> <#>' to give a group member a #% bonus on xp or qp gained in the group. Max of say, 50%
[ 1200] Gareth: config +stayalign - makes you stay at current align, but you get less xp/qp for killing same align than you would normally
[10423] Shadowkaun: Remorts should have avtalk
[21002] Gareth: sort shove/drag out with level ranges and also make a chance of fail with associated delay.
[ 1200] Gareth: if you get qp-costed spells done, give one to augurers cause they're a bit light on the top end.
[ 1200] Gareth: 'frenzy' burns movement points at triple normal rate, increases damage by (str + dex) %. Then make assassin version.
[ 1599] Neq: you should post some of the recent ideas on the website again
[ 1586] Neq: can Clerics get the ability to help someone base stats
[21003] Neq: how about clerics get restore mana ;D just joking i know you wouldn't do that
[10957] Neq: umm can spell casters get second attack with spells ?
[21001] Vicks: Add a config +/- loot option, so that people can be looted if they choose to be (would help for getting eq back for people etc.)
[15039] Shadowkaun: A spell for paladins that can recharge another persons mana
[ 1200] Gareth: special socials that you have to somehow earn the ability to use, perhaps via epic-style quest
[10374] Examplier: when you level, your given a restore, like after a pkill
[21001] Neq: dream should be a long range spell
[ 1200] Gareth: 'fly' and 'land' skill for pixies to replace the 'fly' perm affect
[21001] Vicks: on quests, it'd be neat if there were more gear given out ... nothing uber or anything, but something simple, like renamed elven wristbands of ice with -3 save vs. spell added or something ...  even every once in awhile it'd be neat
[21194] Seichi: a congratulations channel.
[16713] Neq: the mobs in chessboard should move; in fact they should move in the patterns of famous chess matches, and when the mob moves it should do an area attack or become aggy
[15037] Vicks: ExCodex NPC avs that we can kill! ... maybe make them fill minor IC roles (i.e a soldier from Fane's army, or Assassins sent to Xantheus to kill certain people)
[21001] Neq: based on the person charisma when you look at someone it can say if they are beautiful are not
[21000] Neq: you should be able to catch a cold that would make it less likely for you to cast spells
[ 8155] Neq: a spell that succeeds less than summon but doesn't stun you
[10901] Feyvel: you should be able to use commands typed in l337
[21001] Shadowkaun: Its kind of in the sense of a claim command for clans. Like having a claim creature or sumtin, or avatar for example. Like with maven you spawn a cleric, this could be a new addition to clans and such, like have Ira claim Wolves, Nonla have Dragons,
[21001] Neq: is there a way for the for somewhere on the website to be able to update the top whatever lists like who has the most mony and what note
[21001] Neq: was making fatigue 92% adept for a cleric a typo? like maybe it should be 95%
[ 2210] Neq: can clerics animate dead not use so much mana that way I can pretend to be a necromancer
[21044] Seichi: have the area outside of town be really dangerous at night
[21001] Vicks: on the clans screen, show both pkills and pdeaths for each clan
[21000] Neq: should be able to change the percent when splitting gold muhahaha
[28054] Neq: so the say command should be like say neq blah blah blah and neq would see xxx says to you blah blah blah, but other people in the room would see xxx say to neq blah blah blah
[ 8104] Neq: if you are not using a shield or weapon you should be able to hold 2 items and call it a skill called dual holding
[21001] Neq: create a spell that could seal a bag, so when you get killed by another player and they still your bag they can't open it unless they know the spell
[ 1200] Gareth: earring-rip ability that lets you rip earrings out of people's ears, causing damage and stealing the earring. Ouchie!
[21003] Gareth: an ability to give someone the slip if they're following you and you don't want them to
Shadowkaun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still go with claims for Clans and remorts having avtalk!
Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
neq

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to see learning put in more places, especially if you get a qp bonus every now and then like ... i think it was ronin said.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucifer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[32270] Cyrus: increase stat caps to like 30 or 35 or 40

i like this idea would give more use of qp's for lower levels.
Lucifer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to say, could we get a link back to www.abandonedcodex.net from the parlour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: