Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas.txt
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Ideas.txt Reply with quote

Here's one of the really old ideas logs (where stuff from the 'idea' command ends up) from about 1998-2000.
I was thinking maybe if people picked out some of their favourites or some of the things they've really wanted done since forever, they could speak up here and, y'never know, I might be in a good mood. Smile

Code:
[21326] Uecef: I wish a person would not get hungry so quickly...
[21020] Stratos: riding skill as well as mounting, and/or tame.... for taming wild horses :)
[10373] Drizzt: Change the max items you can have in invenroty to atleast 10?
[21001] Drizzt: You need to change the value on most food..it takes 6 breads and 4 beefs if your hungry..
[10381] Choomba: New area, Keep of Wizard- Have zombies slaves, gnolls, ogres, arrogant wizard, lesbian mistress. Have nothing in the keep be aggresive. Have everything in the keep be strong.
[10381] Choomba: HAVE A KING, king is good, have quest for the king
[ 6000] Matri: A bank to store money, and a vault to store equipment.
[10319] Frambat: I don't like the fact that you can be full when trying to eat an herb.  I think you should be allowed to eat an herb to help you whenver.
[14930] Frambat: I think that there should be more than one herbalist.  Maybe one in
[14930] Frambat: oops, maybe an herbalist in darkhaven.  I hate when people kill the herbalist and i can't get any herbs!
[[21001] Deathswing: new skill block more info on this skill on DK notice board
[21193] Asautrem: how about a sparring arena that increases skills for monks and warriors.. you like fight a dummy er sumthin
[21192] Asautrem: more lifestyles should be implemented
[10392] Timyan: Some of the monsters repop too fast, I had just killed the queen naga for the first time, and it came right back to kill me..
[21001] Ascender: basic map showing how to get to the things in 'areas'
[[21001] Niblethem: set it up so you can cast identift on items before you buy them
[10365] Ascender: something on the web page showing how the areas listed in 'areas' relate to each other geographically
[10393] Gergath: make it for when you level you get full mana and health
[21004] Niblethem: have someone update the help file(s) some are defunct or irrelevant
[ 3574] Niblethem: a Bum(American useage) reform program aka kill al the speeping ppl in Darkhaven
[ 6500] Saro: Not sure if this should go under idea or type, but on whois you should change where it says Whoever is living the life of a whatever, because I'm an evil lord and it says a evil lord, maybe change it to 'Saro is living the life of a(n) Evil Lord.'?
[10374] Rodikiriw: Greetings, I was wondering if Guilds are planned in the future?  If so I would be interested in helping in any capacity.  Thank you
[16103] Dragg: i dont understand why auction is limited to once per person... i would understand if this mud had like 300 mudders but its only like 10 people average
[ 6504] Mendanbar: It may just be me, but blindness doesn't seem to work very well....
[21001] Dragg: how about more socials.. like flex, pose
[15118] Feshtof: An area attack for warrior types...Spin Kick...works like a basic kick on all mobs in room
[21002] Nitesbane: I think vampires should be able to turn others into vampires (within limits)...just a random though
[15103] Nitesbane: I think all healers (NPC only) should have the ability to detect invisibility, because it gets really annoying when you're low on hp and nothing can heal you
[21059] Dauham: have there a skill for shields and that percentage will affect the amount of times you shield will take the damage instead of your body
[15082] Muerto: how about pcolors added on channels, titles, bio's, and maybe on eq?
[ 1513] Delve: Create a "sleep tick" so us poor newbies don't have to lie around forever to recover from one fight :)
[21001] Limbo: Have you considered an autocharm function for people who cannot re-charm their pets?
[ 2071] Dunedain: I think every once in a while, when many people are on, everyone is restored and summoned to the square, where  a god is summoning many wimpy creatures (like bears), semi wimpy thing (like who knows what: im not that high a level, and dragons, so it
[ 9330] Harkonnen: It's seems rather odd that a Gith might learn detect invis, or an elf detect mag for that matter, maybe switch them if the class learns and innate ability of the race?
[21043] Nilus: a presss skill for warriors to prevent the nme from running away
[21194] Nilus: plse remove the tricertops in the dessert no one likes it and causes tooo much hassel. elce make it non agro
[21001] Nilus: have more than 1 armour salesman in the city, his inv is gettin pretty junked up
[21194] Nilus: have the ability to set rescue to automatic on tgt declared player
[21194] Nilus: vapires shouldn,t be llowed ito the catedral nstead they should have some dank hole to crawl into and regen
[21182] Nilus: give the inq and the kindred 2 of the abandoned guild houses
[21194] Nilus: annouce deats
[15402] Nilus: skill disect allows mutilation of corpses for the purpose of food
[ 3521] Nilus: a guard command
[15103] Nilus: llv 52 warriors skill hone blade (af as bless) can be used on self or others
[21000] Nilus: allow drinking otf rain
[15103] Nilus: new lifestyle for moraly neutral killers esp fig and mage  karma is affected by coombat sucess or failure irrespective of who or what it is being killed . martial honour instead of good?/bad morality
[31104] Nilus: a clear floor command to sac all dropped items in sight
[31100] Nilus: have a traveling refresh potion salesman in the city as a mob like the healers
[ 3710] Nitesbane: Eating the heart of mobs should give vampires more blood.  Just a random though
[21193] Darrecho: there should be flags by an object that shows how high a level you have to be in order to use an object
[15129] Jilomekas: have the mud announce when somone comes or leaves
[21000] Daemon: Have you considered a possible disarming spell for mages?
[16106] Daemon: Multiclassing, need I say more?  It would make this whole leveling too fast thing easier for admins to deal with
[21194] Spin: Pray admin name - to request permission to speak with an admin
[15129] Spin: consider a command "thank" kinda like the idea/typo/bug reports
[15110] Sephiroth: How about a morgue for people that get killed on the island, so you don't need to wait forever on the ferries to take you back, to which your corpse might be gone by then
[21055] Adrian: how about a token for glorypoints for our prompts?
[21000] Adrian: Raise Icingdeath's level and the area restriction for him
[10376] Aptiel: allow double/triple brewing of potions as clerics/mages raise in stature
[21001] Contradox: a current glory command for prompt
[21001] Contradox: where avatars (not just mages) can create a signiture spell/skill
[15131] Xano: don't allow warriors/thieves to pick sorcerer lifestyles and such
[21000] Daemon: Ever thought of a spell for mages called reflect?  A spell cast on a person would bounce back to the caster if they had reflect on.  Ask me about it.
[31574] Daemon: Let us remort, we all know you are capable of coding it, and it would be a really kewl idea to let avatars do so.
[31574] Daemon: Remort idea, make avatars gain 5000qps to be allowed to remort.
[31576] Daemon: Or you could let us multiclass once we avatar, that would be another kewl idea that we all know you can do
[10368] Diminion: make monks stronger without their weapons as they gain in stature
[10300] Lawson: it would be nice if you had a race channel where sh'kura could talk to sh'kura and no one else heard it.. may the sh'kura rise!
[10319] Whargh: how about a berserk mode for warriors, which doesn't let you defend but attack better
[15086] Whargh: make a drunk meter so you can see how drunk you are / how long it'll take to sober up
[15100] Derg: bounty list type command to see all the bounties and who they on
[21002] Derg: avatars get houses, or perhaps married couples do
[21002] Derg: buy homes adding another use for gold and giving people something to get after they av, and they can expand with the more gold they have and pay, with a size limit based on level
[21002] Derg: since you can't loot clan eq, a special piece of eq should materialize in your inv when you kill someone of another clan, the eq could be set to your level preventing 'gross stated eq' and giving them something special for killing the guy
[10319] Serious: There's a spell that lets you heal people from afar but how bout refresh or other spells from afar.
[15064] Derg: new language: dergy-ese
[25017] Demon: how about spreading out the spells/skills of rangers and augurers so they don't have all spells by lvl 52?
[21001] Maxim: clerics should get sagacity, they are magic users, and theyre prime stat IS wisdom...
[ 2112] Alagna: create donate command
[10366] Lotun: be able to bet on players in arena
[ 1533] Lotun: be able to multiclass
[ 1537] Lotun: create necromancer class
[ 1527] Lotun: be able to sac stuff in inventory
[ 1527] Lotun: get gold based on value of item for sac
[ 1506] Lotun: create vampyre language
[15004] Derg: last names, used for family structures
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea of remorting! It sounds like it would be incredibly fun! Oh, right....you already did that one.

Really, most of the good ideas have already been implemented, but I think it would be fun to add in a surname option like Derg suggests. Except instead of making it simply another value to fill in, create some way in which to form a family, and only those people given consent by a family member can take the name. So, Bob creates the family name Ghrent, and no other person can take that name. However, if Bob consents Jim, Jim now has the option of taking the name. Dunno how you might keep people from making idiotic last names tho....maybe make it so only admins can create a family name and then give consent to the first player, who then can consent others.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you stop people just faking your surname in their title, though?
Norik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[21001] Dragg: how about more socials.. like flex, pose
We definetely need more socials.

[21059] Dauham: have there a skill for shields and that percentage will affect the amount of times you shield will take the damage instead of your body
I agree, shields definetely need some reworking. As far as I can tell, the only advantage to using a shield are the stats on it.

[21000] Daemon: Ever thought of a spell for mages called reflect? A spell cast on a person would bounce back to the caster if they had reflect on. Ask me about it.
Yup...

[10319] Serious: There's a spell that lets you heal people from afar but how bout refresh or other spells from afar.
Refresh from a distance! I *always* run out of movement points at lower levels... Speaking of which, what exactly is the point of movement points?
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, a very good point Gareth. I dunno, slap em upside the head and say, "BAD!" Seriously, no clue, you're the smart guy, think of something!

Norik:
Socials: I agree that it might be nice to have a few more socials, but I personally don't think we need too many more. I'm not a huge fan of socials really because they don't always embrace the true sense of the action that you'd like. For example, 'grin'. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't always grin evily. Yes, some socials do need some reworking, simply because they're screwy, and yes, just because the social is there doesn't mean you have to use it. But in general I tend to think that time is better spent doing other things, since we do have emote. On a related note, I think it would be cool if we could get a modification to emote, allowing a different format from the basic "<yourname> does whatever." It would be handy if there was a way to insert your name at a different point in the phrase, rather than be restricted to having it at the start. But of course, you would be forced to include your name, to prevent confusion.

Shields: Yea, it'd be nice to have some more uses for shields.
Movepoints: Purpose = to piss you off.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Vicks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read something in there about lesbian mistresses.
That sounds fun.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dunno, slap em upside the head and say, "BAD!"

If we're going to have to do that anyway then there seems no point having last name as a field. :/
If people want to make an In Character family, I'm more than happy to publish their family tree on the website if they send it to me.

Quote:
We definetely need more socials.

I'm with Nightblade on this one - socials take more from the atmosphere than they give to it. What's wrong with emote?
That said, if there's a particular social that you can't live without (and have a good explanation as to why emote doesn't work) then let me know. Same goes for if there's an existing social that maybe could be reworded better.

Quote:
what exactly is the point of movement points?

That's a bloody good question, actually. I think it might be a hangover from the very early diku days when muds were more designed around trying to model tabletop and wargaming systems rather than as things in their own right - so in that sense it is pretty pointless. The only thing it seems to have going for it is to put the brakes on the powergamers/scriptkiddies. These days I'm starting to incorporate movement points into more of the advanced av-level and remort abilties, so they probably won't be abolished just yet.
As far as refresh-from-afar's concerned, I don't really like there being a heal-from-afar to begin with. If I ever did code such a thing it would probably be a high level War Wizard or Paladin spell.
Shadowkaun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bout upping warriors cure light spell a little bit. Seeing warriors are constantly surrounded and fighting spell casters, surely they would have learned to cast a cure light spell more effeciently. I'm not saying make em into a cleric, but i think it would help warriors out a bit more, seeing stun doesnt work to well on harder mobs, and most of the time fifth dont work on mobs/players either.

just a mere suggestion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Palermo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, how about fixing the visogy skill? It doesn't work. A shield skill of some sort would be nice for clerics or mages. Even thought they're holding one, it never blocks anything.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowkaun:
The only change I'm ever likely to make to warrior's cure light would be to remove it altogether.

Palermo:
Visogy has me stumped. By all rights it should work, but as people have seen (or not) it just doesn't seem to.
Shield skills do seem to be a popular request, though. Maybe a shield skill would let the player take damage to the shield location more often instead of one of the weaker ones - the onus would then be on the player to find themselves a shield that had a better armor class on it than the rest of their eq.
(for those who don't know - at the moment, when you're hit, the damage is taken to a random body part for the purposes of calculating both the damage you take and the damage your equipment takes)
Shadowkaun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea of have married couples be able to have their own houses. perhaps on Xantheus or Pentir. They could buy it by gold/qp or w/e. And if imms didnt want to do it, they could build it themselves or hire a builder to do it for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already planning houses for when the gold economy's stabilized.
They'll be admin built because the effort of transferring a builder-built room from the bp to the main port is more than the effort of just building from scratch (and historically all attempts to let people do their own building has resulted in either someone having a giant multi-dimensional fortress with a mile-high tower in the middle of a residential area, or a pimp pad with bigscreen TVs and stereos).
Shadowkaun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about being able to set your recall point to different areas besides clan halls and mirza/jerel's platform?
Palermo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They'll be admin built because the effort of transferring a builder-built room from the bp to the main port is more than the effort of just building from scratch

I can build a neighborhood of houses that can be connected to the city... They would range from a 1 room to 5 room. The big ones could even come furnished with beds and tables. Then maybe after a player buys a house, they could re-decorate it as they wish, but would cost extra gold/qp. Let me know what you think.
mayln

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I vaguely remember discussing this with someone years ago, although now that I'm sitting here and analysing the idea I'm not quite sure what I think of it. But I'll toss it out anyhow.

What about class lounges?
Pros: Color me eternally peaceful, but it might help to foster a sense of community and interaction among people from various clans (and more importantly, interaction between the clanless and clanned.)
Cons: My main concern is that it has the possibility of encouraging people who are clanned to ignore that aspect and focus solely on new (or better formed) acquaintances.

Just my two knuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: