Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wedge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: RP Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm behind.

Anyway, I live for the RP element of the MUD. I log on, see if there's a quest going on or anyone logged that I would like to rp with at the time, and if there is, I stick around for a while. Otherwise, I probably log off. That aside, I can see why Seph is upset. He doesn't want Saul to claim the kill against him, because he (Seph) was not IC. In other words, for Saul's "hunt" to be over, he would need to kill Seph when both of them are IC. Continuing, I think being able to seperate the character from the person is also good; however, I think this burden should be on everyone else, not the person playing the questionable character. For instance, back when I played Mercutio more, I let everyone know that I was Wedge. Even though people hated Mercutio, very few let this hatred carry over to Wedge. I talked to the few who did let it carry over and we got things resolved. I really have no idea where I'm going with this. Saul wasn't at fault for killing Seph while he was OOC; I think everyone agrees on this point. The point Seph's making is that NOTHING happened IC. Fin. Anybody know who Terotyl is? I'd like to rp w/ him some.
Norik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: RP Reply with quote

Wedge wrote:
Saul wasn't at fault for killing Seph while he was OOC

I disagree... i think this is the heart of the problem. Saul justified killing Seph using IC reasons, but Seph was config -IC and wasnt at the computer/window/etc. The fact that Seph wasnt there, and not to mention that he was config -IC, makes the pkill "OOC". Now, I'm not saying that theres anything wrong with "OOC" pkilling, but using IC reasons as an excuse to "OOC" pk... thats where the problem is.

for those that *still* don't get what im talking about...
- if you're IC and you want to RP/talk with someone who is [AFK], you wait until they come back from [AFK] and talk to them...
right? now, change RP/talk to RP/pk and you get:
- if you're IC and you want to RP/pkill someone who is [AFK], you wait until they come back from [AFK] and pfight them...
but, this is what some people *cough* do:
- if you're IC and you want to RP/pkill someone who is [AFK], you shove them out of town and pk them when they're [AFK]...

What I'm trying to say is that people should treat IC/RP and IC/PK the same way IF they want to keep things IC.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going off what Wedge said, the problem really is that some people simply can't seem to keep IC/OOC defined in their head...Or maybe they just prefer to not think of it that way...either or. That's mainly why I only told people I trust who my alts were. You play a character who makes enemies easily and you learn quick that some people just take things far too seriously. Not like it matters too much. You can't change how people think so the best choice is really to just live with that fact and stop being so touchy about things.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norik, you and I just said the same thing in different words.
Palermo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, its really not a _problem_... its just dumb. Anyone can attack anyone they want to whether they are IC or OOC. It's part of the rules. If someone attacks an afk player.... oh well. It seems people are making a big deal out of nothing. Many people have played a deadly and attacked people for no reason at all in an OOC way... yet no one made a deal about it. You can't just expect people not to attack you because you have your OOC flag on. That's straight up hiding.

Cheers,
Pal
Wedge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: more crap Reply with quote

Palermo, it's not that he got attacked while he was occ that he's complaining about, but that Saul said it was an IC kill that satisfied some IC vendetta Saul had against him.
Palermo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but who cares? if saul is satisfied then ok... shouldn't have to worry about being attacked for a while then, eh?
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I'm peaceful, anyway.
mayln

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge wrote:
This is why I'm peaceful, anyway.

And you're such a lovely peaceful, too.

That said, I could add to this discussion, but I'd just be re-hashing points already well noted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: