Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

respect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bronze

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: respect Reply with quote

i will copy this for anyone who checks the site but not noteboard regularly
There are a few people that are making this game a very unpleasant thing
for new players. Everyone has mentioned at one time or another that new
players, a couple more numbers might make this mud a little better. well
those people are here and they start as newbies, they start as lobies not
ready to become deadly. they start with no knolege of what muds are. does this mean that you should insult them and make such a pleasureable thing as roleplaying so disheartening? the answer is no. i personally have been asking people what the doomsquad could do for rp that wont be so annoying. and a few people have responded with ideas... i thank you... however more people seem to respond with insults not at the charecters in quetion but they respon with insults and vulgarity directed towards the player him/herself these people are my friends, girlfriend and friends girlfriend... i just do not understand how you feel the authority to mock them because of limited game know lege. please do what you can to show these beginners the ropes and understand that because of their limited stature-knowlege they may not be ready to go deadly but they still deserve the gaming and role-playin experience as anyone else would...this subject troubles me greatly on a personal basis the moment that you bring it out of charecter , please respect ic-ooc action and the player themself
.............. those are my thoughts to whomever cares ...................
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not well typed, the intention is well-founded, and I agree whole-heartedly. I personally think too many people have that [Helper] flag. I think if you have that, you are 100% obligated to help someone with gameplay. Most do not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: