Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current idea/feedback requested.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retribution

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

Alucard,

Quote:
Those of us with no lives, who have qp'd every day of our lives will get screwed by people who want to enjoy the game further than qping.

I sure would appreciate it if people here wouldn't take stabs at others who are kind enough to answer their reply for feedback. I see this as you telling Saul he has no life and doesn't want people to enjoy the game further. Why would you choose this way to respond to a respectful post of his?

As for your replies to my own feedback:
Quote:
How many pieces of equipment on average, from Xchantharus do people wear? I can think of roughly 4 or 5 pieces of their equipment is occupied by items from this zone.

How does what I'm against being implemented make it okay? I still don't like it.

Quote:
That may be the case, but I feel you're speaking mostly for yourself in this case.

I have never actively quest pointed as Retribution. Why would you assume I'm speaking for myself?

Quote:
The vision Gareth and I have come across...

Even if the equipment will drop 1/10,000 times my point still stands because the game is long and sooner or later there will be excess. (I'm against av gifts as well if the person didn't help get it)

I, like Saul, also appreciate the time and effort going into making AC a more enjoyable game.

-Retribution
Alucard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I sure would appreciate it if people here wouldn't take stabs at others who are kind enough to answer their reply for feedback. I see this as you telling Saul he has no life and doesn't want people to enjoy the game further. Why would you choose this way to respond to a respectful post of his?

It wasn't a stab, it was the truth. It was summarizing what he was saying totally.

Quote:
How does what I'm against being implemented make it okay? I still don't like it.

We don't always get what we like.

Quote:
I have never actively quest pointed as Retribution. Why would you assume I'm speaking for myself?

It was aimed towards the uniqueness of your equipment.

Quote:
Even if the equipment will drop 1/10,000 times my point still stands because the game is long and sooner or later there will be excess. (I'm against av gifts as well if the person didn't help get it)

It's the same with everything. I could do a quest tomorrow and get a piece of equipment better than your uberist piece.. then someone could do the same thing and get the same equipment or along the same lines. It's an endless loop that needs to be done within a game such as a mud.
There's a term that goes through mmorpgs... it's called "farming". It's what happens when there's gear in a game. People get it and want more of it for their alts/friends or to simply make a profit. There's no fix to it.

I do take into consideration every bit of "feedback." Some of it seems personal feedback to me, though. The fact that someone doesn't like the idea is taken into consideration and perhaps some alterations might occur.

_nothing_ is set in stone. Thus why I require the feedback. The feedback was original meant for balance within classes not players yet it skewed off...
Retribution

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Apologies Reply with quote

I apologize Alucard,

It looks like I misunderstood your call for feedback.

-Retribution
Alucard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me hear your term of "feedback"

The topic was meant to be feedback on the classes themselves, not the people.

Yet, Saul pushed himself into it personally through the "Us qpers will get fucked over"
Alucard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're off the original topic anyways... something could be designed to reduce the amount of these items in the game. Perhaps an alternate, random result in handing the item in if you already have one? Perhaps it might be enough incentive to the players to not horde them but to turn them in for a chance at something cool or fun.

i.e. turning in an extra boot mold might result in an item that gives shockshield when worn or an item that casts restore mana on you when it gets damaged. Or an item with charges that brandishes for heavenbless.

Something along those lines. Just something I thought of to dull the concerns people might have with mass stockpiles of the equipment.
Yasmine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shakes her head*

Is it always about, Us vs Them?

I thought this was an idea gathering thread, not a soapbox for bashing each other.

We all have our opinions, but in the end, isn't it only about what betters the mud, not individual characters.

Try using generic examples not personal examples.

Regarding the equipment ideas:

Personally, I still would like to see more about the Epic Eq. Having it even set so that once you completed your quest, you could not do another one to help a friend.

I am on the fence about the eq that pops rarely on impossible mobs. I need more info on this subject before I will make a stand.
Palermo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you there, Nightblade.
Alucard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a thread about gathering ideas - just this thread was meant to be about classes not individuals. People need to read it more carefully.
Norik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbs up for class-specific eq.

any change that diversifies classes and equipment is welcome... AC has gotten to the point where most avs wear the same general equipment, and perform roughly the same... making the game boring.

change is good

as for the people bitching about it "losing" all your hard-earned qps... lets say you bought 20 dr. guess what? even after the new eq gets put in, you still have those same 20 dr. what are you complaining about?
Wedge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Epic Eq Reply with quote

I like the idea of Epic EQ. With AC's fairly small av char base, I think if a few pre-requisites were set up I think it would work. For example, if an av wanted to try his Epic Equipment Quest, he would first need to be well-established. I think everyone who has written on this thread would fit in that category with the possible exception of Yasmine. I don't mean this as an insult, it would merely be a judgement call on the part of the Administrator. From what Gareth is describing, gaining the Epic Eq would be similar to the quest required to obtain Avatar tier 2. As is apparent, there are very few of them (Av 2s). As everyone knows I'm big on roleplaying, so this would also be a vital point for obtaining the eq. Furthermore, because AC is smaller, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to make the epic eq personalized. In theory no one else would be getting it anyway, right? May even be able to go so far as to say, "Hey, what kind of eq would you like since you just became avatar tier 2". Just some thoughts. Each person would naturally be limited to one piece.
Norik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge, I have a feeling that people will complain about favoritism/fairness if your way is done. Av2s are already buff and giving them special eq to make them even more buff is great for av2s, but it makes everyone else jealous. Besides, some people have been waiting YEARS (cough cough) for an av2 test, having epic eq come from immys after a quest will take time. and another thing... if it does come from an immy and you have to quest for it, how is it any different than quest eq?

imho, epic eq needs to be immy-independant. maybe have some sort of auto-quest system which requires the player to fetch a certain item from various areas. return it to the quest master and get a point. cash in 10 points for a weak piece of epic eq, 25 for something stronger, and 50 for something uber. *shrugs* this should reward the people who put in a lot of time to explore.

discuss
Alucard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic quests will be totally mob automated. It will be a series of quests that run off each other. It will include exploring, gathering items, defeating bosses, etc. It will take a long time to do these quests due to drop rates, difficulty and overall long-ass respawn on the mobs. (Sometimes even up to 5+ day respawns on certain quest mobs.)

Some collections may drop 1% of the time off hard ass mobs adding more time.

Overall, it's a 'timesink', but a necessary one to have the gear that's being aimed at.
Norik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "long-ass respawns" are a bad idea because people will get bored / lose interest / no time / etc.

How about this: only 1 person can do a certain quest at a time, and theres a time limit on completing that quest (1-2 days). To slow things down, a quest can only be requested a X times in Y days (2 attemps in 7 days for harder/rarer quests, 7 in 7 for easier ones, etc)...

*yaaaaaaaawn*
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not to do Norik's idea:
Cause I think Al is shooting for a system that doesn't require coding via Gareth.
Everything Al has suggested is possible through progs and requires no help from Gareth to set up.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

That all sounds good, but I'd still like a solution where it would be impossible for someone to collect more than one piece of epic eq. No one should have 2 epic boots or 2 epic helmets. The reason I say this is I would not want someone has the time to be collecting it for other people. This is in no way for my benefit either, because I'm 80% certain I won't have the time to do it, but I don't want someone who does have the time to do it to be like, "Here, I have 3, you can have one of mine".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: