Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Larger City?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizzy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Larger City? Reply with quote

sorry if i'm spamming, or making dumb posts... just trying to toss ideas out there - and maybe get some people to post and say what they think

ok - people come to this MUD to roleplay, have fun, and kill people... those are the 3 main reasons (i'd say)

anyway - i think something that could really add to the mud would be a larger city. The main city, to me, is just too small. It feels funny that all the clan HQ's are on one street, all the stores on one street, no houses, no real npc's.

Maybe someone could spring some life into the main city. Perhaps make a nice large place - something with personality.

It would be nice to have the clan houses apart from eachother (role playing wise it doesn't make any sense that the Forsaken and Ira HQ's are right next to eachother, essentially sharing a wall). It's ok that shops are all on the same street, but what about bigger shops? what about going indoors? having more things to buy. What about a bigger bar? something where people can talk more... how about a big square? instead of a single room, you could have a larger main square.

how about more NPC's walking around the city? perhaps stopping to say something sometimes... how about dialog even? like little bits of "lore" or general talk like "nice day".

i have a lot more ideas, but i don't want to go too crazy.

it might not make sense in a text game to do it, as it might get too large and tricky to find people. but i like the idea in my head.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, I've seen a couple players recently who got lost in Xantheus.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make the effort to occasionally change mobs in the city and build the occasional few rooms (guardhouse to the north, old house in the northwest) which people do notice. If people are liking it then I'll continue with the policy.
Palermo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I think that the room descs for most of the rooms in xantheus tell us enough about the 'room'(like square) so that we know we're at the square.. not just a small room... Here's an idea that's really just not a part of this, but since I'm here and I'm thinking of it.. how about being able to set 1 recall point on each continent/island... Many people claim to be from Ghedron, or Ofcol, yet they're always in Xantheus... I mean, RP-wise you could easily say you're "passing through" or "visiting" xantheus, but it would be more intereseting if you actually recalled in your own city.. or whatever... it would give the certain cities a bit more interaction with each other.. (now, all that would work better if we had a larger playerbase, too.. sorry, im just really messed up and typing off the top of my head) Oh yeah, and I think Azriel is working on one hell of a large city... He asked me to help, but damn.. that many room descs would make me puke. hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: