Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crafting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizzy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Crafting Reply with quote

it's sort of been done... and maybe it's part of the ideas list already

but i'd like to see some Diablo II type ideas in this game, as well as Morrowind.. now not exactly like the games - but just ideas.

for instance - in Diablo II there is a massive amount of equipment to be had. it makes the game fun, and non-repatative...

however it makes it unrealistic when a quillrat drops 250g, Arrows, Armor, a Unique, etc....

but what i like is the idea with Jewels... except maybe there could be "minerals" (this is in Morrowind). You can "Mine" minerals or whatever you'd like to call them, and then actually make equipment with them (for instance, 20pieces of glass gets you a set of glass armor).

this is something that could really, really boost trading and economics. It would be nice to see this world have a good trading system...

perhaps there could be mines, a mining skill and even equipment. you could spend X amount of time (depending on skill and eq) and mine a bit of stuff... it could depleat and then restock... there could be a lot of different minerals or resources too...

it would take a lot of work - but i also think it would add a great amount to the mud. It could make trading a big thing - and could even make a new class... i know people like to be peaceful... well people could be "miners" and spend a lot of their time getting good equipment, mining the mines and trading the gold...

perhaps, if it's too hard to limit the resources so that not everyone is running around with the stuff and making what they want, there could be specific classes like "Armoror" and "Miner"... the "Miner" can dig for stuff, and sell it or trade it (perhaps making a name for him/her-self... and the "Armoror" could be the one who actually takes the stuff and makes armor, weapons, jewels, etc.

just an idea

maybe it's been said - maybe it's dumb

but i think the lack of equipment, and range of equipment (as in - everyone that's an AV has the same stuff, except maybe the rarer things).

diversity people! it can make a huge difference. that's a reason Diablo II is so played - there's so much equipment to get... but without random dropping it would be impossible/stupid in a mud... so that's why i've got my idea
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, all that is going to do is produce more headaches, and turn the mud into the grindfest that other games are today.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got very mixed feelings on crafting. I've seen a lot of really poor crafting systems out there.
I like the idea of acquiring equipment by means other than stealing it from the still-warm corpse of a creature you just brutally killed, but it's so easy to mess it up and totally change the whole gameplay with it.
In conclusion, I'm not going to say that we definitely will never have crafting in the 'traditional' sense, but it's not a system we'll be implementing in the near-to-mid term. Unless someone finds a blindingly brilliant patch that works.
Palermo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, this should go in the builders forum.. but what if more eq could be had by means of mobprogs.. (like the thing I asked for help on the BP with).. like you just acquire certain pieces of things and have an armoror make it.. I know you hate mobprogs and all, but if it was done properly I think it'd be ok.. it'd make it simpler than actually coding a whole new class or whatnot for it.. *shrugs*

Now, as far as selling things to stores.. I still don't get it. You explained it to me once, but it went way over my head... Like, I could buy 50k worth of 'object' from a mob, then be able to sell an 'object' back to the same mob for 300g... He somehow went broke right after I bought stuff from him... does it go buy economy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: