Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Classes/Races

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizzy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: New Classes/Races Reply with quote

hi - it's Kaine, aka Dokken. anyway - i'm wondering how hard it is to code a new class or race. to me there just isn't enough diversity in this catagory. It might add to some of this "storytelling" or whatever you want to call it. It just seems everything's been tried and done - so it would be nice to mix things up a bit. i'd even come up with some ideas if you need it - or design something completely.

but i'd think new skills would have to be added - maybe that's too much work?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some muds (or the admins thereof) do like to spend their time making new classes and races by rearranging all the different spells and skills in different orders at different levels, and maybe copying the code for a spell and just giving it a new name (after all, how many spells are there that you cast and they do damage to the target?). Doing this is reasonably straightforward.

What I want to do is continue along the lines that I've started with such things as the Cleric Temples and the remort classes, where what you choose has a far more radical effect on the style of gameplay than just a shuffling of spells.

As for ideas, the file of logged ideas (that the 'idea' command saves to) contains 879 ideas at the moment, not including ones that have been decided against or implemented already. So keep the ideas coming in, by all means, and if they're good they might get done - but don't be under the misconception that it's a shallow ideas pool that's holding things up. :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: