Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

windows mobile mud client

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neq

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: windows mobile mud client Reply with quote

So I decided to take on the task of getting a mud client on Windows mobile. I figure this project might take me a few years since I have no clue how to program a mud client. (Or anything at all really). If you have any words of advice or anything feel free to post.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get an open source one (follow 'sourceforge data' link for src files) and adapt it.
neq

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks G
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
neq

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I found gmud is on source forge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/g-mud/

I'm pretty excited. I am going to register with sourceforge tonight and see if I can help out with the project.
neq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just trying to make the number of posts I have increase.

I now have a copy of Visual Studio. I have did some coding in VB before but I forgot everything. Does anyone know of a book that would be helpful?
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go down to your nearest Borders or Barnes and Noble and stroll into the computer programming section. I'm sure you'll find something. Or use the wonders of the internets. I know I found answers to many of my issues when I was learning VB.NET on the internet that no book I had access to ever managed to explain.

Btw, which edition of VS did you get? I'm looking to upgrade to 2008 but I really don't want to buy it. I was gonna torrent a copy but it was gonna take a few days and I'm really impatient.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
neq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe i have VB 2005, I haven't had the chance to actually look at what I got yet though, been kind of busy Sad
neq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I found pocket putty the other day for windows mobile. So this quest is over.

My impression for a mobile client for mudding is that its okay
screen is small of course and I wouldn't recommend it if you have fights where your screen already jumps.
I wish it was possible to implement using the directional keys on my phone to walk around that would be helpful.
I would not recommend doing this if you don't have an unlimited data plan with your cellphone.
other than that its kind of interesting mudding while riding the city bus for 40 mins.

I guess the good thing is if there is ever a quest someone could call me and I could mud at any time provided i'm not busy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: