Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Levelling easier, make the av game the 'true game'?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Levelling to av easier?
Yes, substatially
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Yes, a little
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Vicks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed how far off topic this thread has gotten...

So I figured I'd steer it back in the right direction: with the MUD in it's current state, I can't see how it would hurt making leveling easier (if only a bit). Maybe even something as simple as putting in several happy hours a day; maybe it's just me, but leveling seems harder nowadays than I remember it being back in the day (granted I'm conceding the fact that I'm not very good at leveling). I know there's people who can blow through to avatar with certain classes in a heartbeat, but I'm under the impression that the majority of the playerbase isn't all that great at leveling (especially some of the weaker classes combat-wise).

At the very least, I think it would give people some extra incentive to play. If people want an uber challenge, worst comes to worst they can just play a bloody mage Wink

~Ancient Proverb
Wizzy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read much of the post - but I'm going to go with yes...

The thing with this game is that a lot of the real stuff comes at 85... Getting points to be able to boost your character and do all the really cool stuff. I don't think making it easier to get to 85 would at all be negative... I think it would just give people a chance to get to the end game and really start building their character through questing and what not.

And 50 hours into a game to get to the final level seems like it's still a lot of work to me - so I don't think it's just giving the player an easy time - it will still be a climb, it may just motivate people knowing that they can reach it a little quicker and move on to some of the really fun level 85 stuff the mud has.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I have also been putting more equipment in to the lower level areas, and nudging up a few stats on the occasional bit of mid-level eq.
Ronin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind me, thought I'd join the discussion.

After having recently started a warrior, I definately, don't think leveling should be made any easier. I'm level 42 after 10 measly hours - and I'm just some n00b. Granted warriors are tough as nails, but still. Razz

Can't really comment on the EQ Side of things. I'm a bit overwhelemed after having come back to all these new areas, changes, restattings, etc...
I hope to have a better idea later, but for now - the thought of exploring scares me to death (excuse the pun) without scry. And I need to dloyal the rest of my gear yet.

I do feel that the majority of the fun starts at avatarhood however. I'm startig to enjoy putting Ronin to the grindstone, another stat here, another hit/damroll there... I'm also more inclined to explore at av level (for the most part, see paragraph above), as I don't know every reachable area like the back of my hand yet.

Something that I haven't seen touched in here yet - I think the new remortpoints / remort system is a great idea.
The sole reason for starting my Warrior, is the groundwork for a Necraladan. I'm willing to work towards aving a cleric assuming my warrior makes it. If not, I figured I could fallback on Assassin or something with an illusionist. I'll see how I feel in another 43 levels. Smile

Hrm. Nothing else to add... not that anything I've said's of much worth.
I'll try again when this flu's gone. Smile
Wedge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a mage to 55. It's possible to kill stuff, but it takes a ton of mana and thus time to get yourself completely buffed up. By the time you're done casting and trancing it's almost time to renew a bunch of spell (the shields/eldritch sphere). This could be remedied a couple ways. Give caster-heavy classes an out-of-combat innervate ability to regen mana (I've been playing WoW too much), increase the duration of a bunch of buffs to either 1000 or 1500 rounds, or make trance a flat 100 mana generation instead of the crappy 60 or whatever I'm getting at 55...
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge wrote:
I got a mage to 55. It's possible to kill stuff, but it takes a ton of mana and thus time to get yourself completely buffed up. By the time you're done casting and trancing it's almost time to renew a bunch of spell (the shields/eldritch sphere). This could be remedied a couple ways. Give caster-heavy classes an out-of-combat innervate ability to regen mana (I've been playing WoW too much), increase the duration of a bunch of buffs to either 1000 or 1500 rounds, or make trance a flat 100 mana generation instead of the crappy 60 or whatever I'm getting at 55...

Or reduce some mana costs Smile

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Wedge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another viable alternative. I tried playing my ranger and I really feel for the ranger class and having to sleep to regen mana... I'm not sure how I did it, lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: