Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality Muds list - what's so good about avatars then?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Quality Muds list - what's so good about avatars then? Reply with quote

A while back I applied to have Codex put on a special mudlist that someone's compiled of verified 'quality' muds. They've since got back to me saying that their reviewers are in two minds, and that it might come down to how good the endgame seems to be, and suggested I start this thread.

So, for their benefit, could any of youse avs post a little about things there are for avs to entertain themselves with? Wink
(av2? ratings table? qp'ing? Stuffs?)

cheers
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I ever do get back to qping... I only need like another 17000qps and I've got cure critical bought. That's a fun idea. Smile

I cant really see much else to the game other than the endgame avatar stuff, but thats just me, probably because I've been an avatar for the better part of a decade.
Vicks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Endgame is l33t Reply with quote

Yeah, the endgame is what really hooked me. The add-ons available to avatars allow you to pick your own goals (either in or out of character through roleplay or QP'ing) and then work towards them. Also the av level quests rock.

~Ancient Proverb
Waldo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked remorting. The quests that are ran are generally for the upper level people and can get pretty involved. I like the huge epic multi episode quests, and the little ones inbetween are nice too. One thing I miss are the quest channel quizes and games.

The ratings table is great. I judge myself against others with it, and at the same time hide my true strength. I like the fact that the highest rated person of each class gets a special salutation title too.

And not to mention the PK. There's nothing better than having two terribly quest-pointed out characters fighting eachother. But the PKing isn't to such a point that it makes the game unplayable otherwise, but as peole can tell, most of the players on the mud are Deadly Players, so obviously a lot of people like the pk aspect.
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, especially with what vicks said about character customization. These are the best of the best, the few that have banded together in a single city. Quarrels, wars, alliances. Everyone a unique character. Without such a massive endgame the roleplaying aspect of it would be severely limited.
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah well, thank you all for your kind words, but looks like the mudquest people aren't going to add AC to their tiny little list. They were gracious enough however to log on to be stuck-up and rude to me and Quak for a five minutes for no apparent reason though. Ah well, I daresay we'll have to live without their benevolent support.
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah drats, just when it looked like our noble saviors had arrived with rations and fresh soldiers...
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well considering the people in charge appear to be twits and the small fact that I have yet to actually FIND this mysterious site, I don't really think it's a big loss. I'd almost hate to see what these people dub 'quality' but luckily I won't have to because my 5 seconds of searching the internet turned up nothing and I don't intend to spend any more time than that.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, tho, gareth. You said anyone that wants to play a custom race can send you a message. I messaged you sayin my friend who was just getting into the mud with me wanted to roleplay a woodelf with me. You ignore me and change my title for a few days...

...?
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied but you were afk... I said that (a) I waiting for said friend to make an appearance, and (b) Woodelves are beta so they might not be the best class for a newbie player regardless - I'll still do it if you want, but it's with that caveat.

And I figured that since you were using your title as (a) a replacement for sending a mudmail and (b) hurling public abuse my way, it was fair game... there's a perfectly good mail system on the mud, so I dunno why you've decided to instead use the mudsnippets PM system, your title, and this completely unconnected thread to contact me about it. It's not like I have a poor track record of answering mudmails.
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any juicy bits on woodelves?
My buddys been waitin to get the new char so we can play together. I figure it'd just be funner blazing new territory with him for his first real character.
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seph wrote:
Any juicy bits on woodelves?

They uh... they like wood.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the main problem with them at the moment is that the stuff they've got heavily overlaps with the stuff that a typical woodelf class already gets. There's a few little patches I've made so far (like the fact that a woodelf counts as a plant for the purposes of 'plant pass', so if you're woodelf you don't need to be in forest to shift to a forest, and you can plant pass to other woodelves anywhere), but nothing great yet. I might create cheaper versions of certain spells to give them, but I'm open to suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: