Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas.txt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth wrote:
High Stakes quest for special items next week, see note on the general noticeboard and vote.

don't forget to send out an email to the mailing list =P
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like the idea of a necromancer type class. There's quite a few feasible spells and abilities to give them having a few necros running around might add some more interesting roleplay options.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back online after my internet died for about 4 hours... fun.
Anyway, this is in no way important but i went to clear my buffer and i noticed that all the little creatures in the world go ding off your armor and you parry once in a while.
Dosent it make more sense to parry all the time and for the much more adept fighters have the armor ding be a last ditch effort? I know why you coded it that way and all, it just struck me as funny that i can parry a level 85 warrior mob's 8 attacks per round, yet when i comes to a dwarven miner i only parry once and the rest of the attacks actually come in contact with my armor.
I mean, even the most insanely self intoxicated warrior wouldnt really take THAT kind of a risk...

Like I said, not important and I know why you coded it that way. It could also just be me having been really sick for the last 5 days...
Gareth
Admin 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the truly skilled fighter knows when not to waste his energy parrying a useless blow. Wink
Nightblade
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno Seph, if I were a completely huge and badass warrior and I felt like strolling into a village of puny weak little dwarves who don't stand a chance and destroying everything in my path.... I'd pretty much just casually swing my weapon around and not give a shit about anything trying to hit me. Now, if I were a magic user doing a similar thing, I would totally just nuke the place and laugh. But with warrior types I wouldn't really give a damn about puny weaklings hitting my magic armor which only gets damaged by the strongest beings in the world.

"A kender will take anything that's not nailed down, and a kender with a good claw hammer will get those things too"
Seph
Ghost 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true.
Vicks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just an idea I'm tossing out there: What about perma-sanc for clerics (and maybe mages?) at a certain level?

~Ancient Proverb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: