Abandoned Codex Forum Index Abandoned Codex
The Abandoned Codex Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QP-ing + suggestion.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Energon
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: QP-ing + suggestion. Reply with quote

Quote:
I've done a round of downstatting on various mobs in a few areas
so that getting from level 40-84 is a bit easier.
Avs might find that they don't get qps from a few less things than before,
but should still get the same amount for level 70+ things. (Gareth - OOC noticeboard)

Right now avatars can't get qps for mobs lower than lvl 71, no matter how hard they are.

Suggestion:
I could code something where the amount of qps you get for a kill would depend on how strong you are, like how a non-avatar gets xp for a kill. This means a weak char would get more qps for a certain kill than a strong char would for the same kill.

I'd like your opinion on how it was, is and could be. No bashing, no personal gain, just try to be as honest and objective as possible.

Energon.
Indi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re:Qps and stuff Reply with quote

I think it would be a good idea and probably would improve the game. I only have a few concerns tho. First, How much of a difference would be there between avs? Like how would all the calculations be or whatever? Secondly, since illus and warriors and monks get stunning skills will that effect the outcome? Lastly, What about the difference between fighting (warriors, rangers, vamps...) and magic classes, would that effect anything? Cool
Energon
Mud Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Indi -> Qps and stuff Reply with quote

It would not be something that will just be thrown in. First it has to be coded, evaluated, recoded, evaluated, ... till I'm satisfied with the result. I will not give any details on how the things will be calculated, because I know you players, you'll just try to get the most qps with the least effort... Cool

In general I just want glory to be more depending on the overall difference in strength of characters and less on level difference.

Energon
Vicks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: qp mobs Reply with quote

I can't say i'm a fan of mobs popping "on the cusp" of the level 70 mark ... mobs should either be worth qps or not worth qps.

I'm all for making it a bit easier for new avs to get started with the qping process, but some things'll need to be thought through so that it's not exploited (ie people just saving all their qps rather than spedning them so that they are considered "weaker" statistics-wise and therefore get more qps per kill).
Wedge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: Qping Reply with quote

Vicks makes an excellent point, it would be very easy for a weaker av to just keep raising his qp, but this could be easily overcome by taking total glory into consideration when figuring how 'weak' an av is. But this also begs the question, what if instead of spending the qp on things to make him stronger, the av spends it on renames and the like? Lots of things to take into consideration. Another thing, I don't know how you plan on doing this, but how many mobs would someone like Amen have to kill? Would it be possible to make a mob worth .25 qps?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Codex Forum Index -> Ramblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: